We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Street/bar noise at the Coconut Court - sleep quality?

Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
13 posts
198 reviews
Save Topic
Street/bar noise at the Coconut Court - sleep quality?

Hi, We're considering a 7 night stay at the Coconut Court this April 2011. Looking through the TA reviews, I'm very concerned that many reviewers give the CC very low sleep quality ratings. Is the noise from the bar across the street heard throughout the CCBH, and is it every night? Also, is the traffic noise from the street bad, and does it last most of the night? Thanks for your advice.

Ted's Tours
Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
Dread or Dead Surf Shop
Gear Rentals, Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing, Stand-Up Paddleboarding
Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,866 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Street/bar noise at the Coconut Court - sleep quality?

Stayed in the hotel end of last April, and found no issues with noise of any consequence that bothered our sleep. I know they do sometimes have issues in the block of the hotel that sits opposite the bar, however, I don't know how that is working out these days..

Barbados
Level Contributor
1,370 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Street/bar noise at the Coconut Court - sleep quality?

There is no bar or street noise at all on pool deck level, but you also miss the view and the breeze on your patio - I guess it's a trade-off. We always stay on the pool deck level because it's so close to everything, and we don't need the view (we're locals). Yes, we are locals and like to stay at Coconut Court!

Sorry I can't help much with the higher rooms, as I don't stay in them.

Dover, Delaware
Level Contributor
109 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Street/bar noise at the Coconut Court - sleep quality?

I was at CC last March in a room at parking lot level overlooking the pool. There is a little street noise, particularly in the morning. The Bajans all seem to get up and go to work with the sun. There are activities at the pool some evenings but usually end by 10:00 or so. Being a good sleeper and active all day, noise was not a problem for me.

Worcester, United...
Level Contributor
717 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Street/bar noise at the Coconut Court - sleep quality?

We stayed in the block nearest the bar at just below top floor level. There were a couple of nights where the music carried on a little later than we planned to go to bed but we just took a drink out onto the balcony until it stopped. The beep beep buses do seem to go through the night but they didn't wake us up. I'm a light sleeper and found I was getting enough sleep - if you read my review I didn't really comment on noise/lack of sleep at all and since I'm a bit of a moaner that's a pretty good sign! We're going back in a few weeks so they obviously do something right there :)

Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
13 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Street/bar noise at the Coconut Court - sleep quality?

Thanks to everyone for your posts. Your comments were very helpful and reassuring! CC looks like great place to stay! All the best!

6. Re: Street/bar noise at the Coconut Court - sleep quality?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:15 pm, October 25, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Hastings