We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amaryllis or Coconut Court Opinions

Iowa
Level Contributor
185 posts
119 reviews
Save Topic
Amaryllis or Coconut Court Opinions

I think I have narrowed my lodging down to Amaryllis or Coconut Court. It anyone knows both resorts I would appreciate any feedback on which one you would stay at for 10 nights.

Canada
Level Contributor
1,476 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Amaryllis or Coconut Court Opinions

Hi, I felt badly that nobody answered your post, so thought I would give you what I know about them, although have not stayed at either. I have spent some time on the beach at Coconut Court, and quite enjoyed it. The beach is quite nice, with white sand, and lots of palm trees for shade. The water does have some rocks in it, but is beautiful and you can go out a fair distance and chill. We had one breakfast there which was good. The other good thing about CC is that it isn't too far to the boardwalk which is a great place to walk and see some beautiful beaches, and stop for a drink along the way.

I have only walked through Amaryllis, and it looked a little tired, but pretty good. We ate dinner twice at 39 steps, the restaurant very close to Amaryllis, and the food was excellent! The beach was nice, but I liked the beach at CC better. Amaryllis is further away from the boardwalk and not as close to as many restaurants as CC.

I Love Barbados, so would happily stay at either!!!

Hopefully someone who has stayed at one or both, will give you more information. Good luck and have a great vacation!!

Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
3,551 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Amaryllis or Coconut Court Opinions

I don't know if you've done that, but have you read the reviews on these hotels?

There have been some recent reviews posted.

Hamilton
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Amaryllis or Coconut Court Opinions

My choice would be Coconut Court. A little more to offer in the way of hospitality and entertainment and the beach is great at both but CC has a beach bar right on the beach. My sister stayed at Amaryllis (cost a bit more, so had to be better) next time she joined me at Coconut Court as that is where she ended up spending most of her time because they offered more and the rooms and people were friendly and helpful.

toronto, ontario
Level Contributor
10 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Amaryllis or Coconut Court Opinions

Hi

My husband and I stayed at Coconut Court over Christmas and we loved it

As you will see in many comments it has a great location, wonderful beach and the majority of the rooms (book superior oceanview or beachfront) have a terrific view of the beach The bus stop is close and you can go everywhere on it People are friendly at the hotel. We did not do all inclusive as there are many places to eat nearby. Check out Tapas which is right on the boardwalk

We did look at Amaryllis and it looks nice but not as many oceanview rooms and I imagine it may be more expensive The rooms may be nicer as the Coconut Court rooms are basic but very clean with microwave, toaster and small fridge so you can have lunch on your balcony looking at the view for very little cost. Get supplies at Big B it has everything

Have fun Barbados is terrific. !

5. Re: Amaryllis or Coconut Court Opinions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, January 20, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Hastings