We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time to Rhodes - any advice welcome!

Bristol
Level Contributor
7 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
First time to Rhodes - any advice welcome!

My husband and I are travelling to Pefkos, Rodes for the first time at the end of may and would appreciate any advice about where to eat, places to visit, where to shop etc. My husband has limited mobilty due to a knee injury so walking is okay but not long distances.

Also, any advice on tipping workers, car hire and sunbed charges.

Many thanks,

Mandy

Bristol
Level Contributor
7 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: First time to Rhodes - any advice welcome!

Thank you so much for your advice. We are really looking forward to our holiday and it helps to hear from people who have actually been to where we are going. ;o)

Bristol
Level Contributor
7 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: First time to Rhodes - any advice welcome!

Thanks for the reply! Our transfer comes as part of our package but we probably will hire a car for a couple of days for a bit of an expolore ;o)

Bristol
Level Contributor
7 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: First time to Rhodes - any advice welcome!

Actually, emma s has posted a good question..how much are drinks? Any advice about white wine would be much appreciated.

oldbury, west...
Level Contributor
1,804 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: First time to Rhodes - any advice welcome!

Hi again. Mythos lager about €2.50 - €3.50. Alfa is a little cheaper. Cocktails €5. I know Peacock cocktail bar have happy hours and I suppose other places do as well. When out for a meal we always have a litre of house white which is very palatable. Between €9 - €12. Retsina is more of an acquired taste. We found Cair retsina to be quite nice and it's cheap enough in the supermarkets. Hope this helps.

Denise:0)

Edited: 2:08 pm, May 10, 2014
Bristol
Level Contributor
7 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: First time to Rhodes - any advice welcome!

That's great, all duly noted. Thanks Denise. :o)

oldbury, west...
Level Contributor
1,804 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: First time to Rhodes - any advice welcome!

Have a great time. September in Lindos for us.

D :0)

south wales
Level Contributor
11 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: First time to Rhodes - any advice welcome!

Thanks everyone, enjoy your hols x

18. Re: First time to Rhodes - any advice welcome!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 14, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Pefkos
Recent Conversations