We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Supermarkets

Level Contributor
86 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Supermarkets

Hi all

Me and the family are flying to pekfos a week on Wednesday.

As we have a 13 month old we will be spending most of the nights on the balcony.

Can you gets pizza's etc for takeaway from the restaurants?

Where is best to buy some cans of mythos from etc?? We don't drive so won't be hiring a car.

How much would the local supermarkets be for alcohol.

Regards

Stu

Ps can't wait for a ice cold mythos in fuse bar.... I hope it's still there

London, United...
Level Contributor
105 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Supermarkets

Hi Stu, you can certainly get take away pizza from La Piazza which is next to Eclipse, I think they also deliver as well. We picked up a couple last year and took back to our room, they really are very good.

As for the cans, all the supermarkets stock them, as well as other favourites such as Heineken and some also do Carling etc if you fancy them. Cost from Mythos from memory is around €1 a can, if not slightly less from memory.

Hope you have a good holiday.

Paul

Level Contributor
86 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Supermarkets

Cheers Paul

Was wondering if it's worth going to a supermarket outside pefkos.

Happy with mythos it alpha beer!!

Any idea how much pizzas where to take away??

Afandou, Greece
Level Contributor
6,142 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Supermarkets

The nearest decent supermarket is some 12km away near Kalathos

London, United...
Level Contributor
105 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Supermarkets

Sorry Stu can't remember, inexpensive springs to mind, around the €10 mark is what I remember, so if you're 'stayng in' with a few cans, really quite a cheap night. Not to keen on Alfa myself.

Trevor is correct, nearest 'big' supermarket is at Kalathos at the junction to Pylona, which is about 5 minutes drive the other side of Lindos, so about 15 minutes max in total in a car.

To be honest, we had a little ritual where we would go on our first morning to that supermarket and stock up, although it wasn't really that as we eat out most nights, so it was more just essentials and snack stuff. With that, using the mini supermarkets in Pefkos itself is just as cost effective if you value time over cost, as the price difference is negligible. Probably the supermarket in Pefkos wkth the most varied stock is the one at Tsambikos bakery as this is open all year and has the fewest tourist items (plust has to be said, a fantastic assortment of cakes, savouries and of course bread). However, all shops in the village will accomodate most needs.

Level Contributor
86 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Supermarkets

Cheers Paul

Think we will doing the pizza on the balcony and maybe a couple of gyros from Alexandra's !! Think it will be a cheaper holiday than last time!!

Yeah alpha is more gassy than mythos!!

10 more sleeps!!!

6. Re: Supermarkets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, April 29, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Pefkos
Recent Conversations