We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where In Rhodes?

Newcastle-under-Lyme...
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Where In Rhodes?

Hello Everyone

Where would you suggest for a first holiday to Rhodes? We are thinking of either Easter (and wonder how warm it will be) or May. We are 50,47 and 15...

We usually go to Spain but really fancy a change.

We are thinking of Rhodes as we have read that the weather is quite reliable early in the season, is this correct?

We like pretty, not too busy (nightclub not necessary) and a sandy beach.

As a vegetarian does anyone have any suggestions for places to eat?

I love the planning of a holiday almost more than the holiday itself!

Afandou, Greece
Level Contributor
5,970 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where In Rhodes?

Easter dates Will be the same in Greece & UK ie 20 April

Have a look here for weather averages

http://goo.gl/elzFEM

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
4,320 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Where In Rhodes?

as a vegeterian you will have no problem finding what to eat,greek food has a bog variety of vegetables and fruit..

Newcastle-under-Lyme...
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where In Rhodes?

Thank you for your information so far...

Farnborough, United...
Level Contributor
1,596 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where In Rhodes?

Try Pefkos in the south of the island a few miles from Historic Lindos. Pefkos is a British orientated resort but no fish and chips and roast dinners. A couple of sandy beaches and plenty of restaurants and bars but family orientated. Good selection of hotels and apartments and some brilliant Greek owned restaurants.

Newcastle-under-Lyme...
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where In Rhodes?

Thanks Rob..

Will have a read up on Pefkos this afternoon,,,whilst looking at the rain...Traditional Greek restaurants sounds good..

Afandou, Greece
Level Contributor
5,970 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where In Rhodes?

rob.belc

No fish & chips or roast dinners in Pefkos

Wrong

Its there if you look

Farnborough, United...
Level Contributor
1,596 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where In Rhodes?

Ok i am not saying its not there but there is not the proliferation of them as in some Spanish resorts. I did see a sunday roast advertised at one place, forget where, but most restaurants retain a Greek menu with international additions. I also saw Pukka Pie and mash advertised somewhere too!

On that subject as we we were checking out of Pefki Islands last week and the Tompson rep was in reception with two elderly English ladies who had booked full board. They were complaining that the onsite Elia restaurant was too Greek and they was nothing on the menu they liked. Had to really feel for the rep!

Wirral
Level Contributor
6,390 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where In Rhodes?

Hey

As said earlier; Pefkos has some lovely restaurants in great settings with great food. Spitaki, Coralli, Philosophia, Nikolas Taverna and Annixis spring to mind and are.amongst my favourites. It has some good beaches with a few quieter ones away from the crowds, Kavos/Limanaki, A G Thomas, Plakia n Coralli beaches.

It is a purpose built resort and by no means.:"pretty" but is laid back and chilled. No high rise Benidorm style hotels etc and it is not a karaoke/quiz/pub.crawl.driven resort. Yes it does off bars advertising English breakfasts/roast dinners etc as its clientele is mainly English. Trwv, I think Rob.was saying that Pefkos is not Malia, Magaluf or Ayia Napa etc.

If.you want pretty, with even.better.beaches, unique location,history, authenticity, charm, vibe n beauty, it has.to.be.Lindos. Laid.back.and a cosmopolitan feel with great.rooftop restaurants.with amazimg.views. the downside it is inundated.with daytrrippers between 10 n 3.30pm.and has some.hills.to negotiate and the accommodation dynamic is differemt to Pefkos due to a.preservation.order. Acoomodation is a.little.more.expensive. Yes you can.still.get English brekkies but not as.British as.Pefkos. i am in Pefkos now.n it all.depends on the factors.important.to you.

Mart

Edited: 5:40 am, October 13, 2013
Afandou, Greece
Level Contributor
5,970 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where In Rhodes?

rob. you did say there were no fish & chips or roast dinners in your post number 4

Wirral
Level Contributor
6,390 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where In Rhodes?

Hey

Apologies.for any spelling, grammar errors. I typed the reply on my phone.in the glare of.the sun.

M

Get answers to your questions about Pefkos