We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hire of fan v Air Con

Louth
Level Contributor
118 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Hire of fan v Air Con

We are travelling to LT next year to a two bed apt. It appears that air con for 2 weeks will cost us €252.00 - €63 per unit per week. Is there anywhere in Pefkos that we can hire a fan for the two weeks. Have hired them elsewhere on the islands for €20 so would be a big saving! Thanks in advance folks.

Manchester...
Level Contributor
84 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hire of fan v Air Con

When I last went in 2008 I hired one from the nearby local shop near to the apartments I was staying in. Much cheaper than paying for air con. It took a while in the shop to get to an understanding of what I was after but once we got there he produced a big old fan which was perfect at night to keep cool. I think if you ask in one of the shops there, most of them apparently will hire you one for next to nothing. Think it was something like a ten euro deposit or something. Luckily, where I am staying this time round there, each room comes with a fan.

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
11,020 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hire of fan v Air Con

At the risk of opening a rather large can of worms(!) there was a thread on here earlier this year which suggested that some places around Pefkos/Lindos are less than keen for people to use fans.

chorley lancs
Level Contributor
126 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hire of fan v Air Con

well they would be cos youre using their electricity instead of paying for air con, heh ! J

oldbury, west...
Level Contributor
1,804 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hire of fan v Air Con

Remember that thread Steve. Think I got a telling off for not giving ACCURATE information.

D.

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
11,020 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hire of fan v Air Con

Well, we've got a 16 inch pedestal fan in our bedroom, which uses 50W - similar to a traditional light bulb!

PS Don't think we'll be needing it now till next year...

EDIT Quite right Denise, Andy too as I recall, I'm trying not to get drawn in again...

So I'm not saying any more!!

Edited: 3:19 pm, September 16, 2013
oldbury, west...
Level Contributor
1,804 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hire of fan v Air Con

Don't blame you Steve. I'm keeping quiet from now on lol !!

D

London
Level Contributor
795 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hire of fan v Air Con

thecons - There is a chance that LT may hire out fans themselves to their guests. I stayed at Tsambika Studios this year, and the owner had his own fans to hire out for 20E pw as an alternative to AC at 60E. Obviously the 20euros covered the cost of electricy too, so everyone was happy.

Maybe it's worth getting in touch with them to find out if this would be available to you.

Edited: 4:37 pm, September 16, 2013
Louth
Level Contributor
118 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hire of fan v Air Con

Ellagee I think I'll do that. Thanks everyone for your input. Will have to search for that thread, I'm intrigued now!!!!

Wirral
Level Contributor
6,440 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hire of fan v Air Con

Hey

Steve: Look what you have started dude ;-)

M

Louth
Level Contributor
118 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hire of fan v Air Con

Now I'm dying to know what happened! I emailed the hotel, so we'll see what they say. Can't see them hiring out their own fans if they stand to make €250 on air con!

Get answers to your questions about Pefkos
Recent Conversations