We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking Matina - last minute wobble

Level Contributor
23 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Booking Matina - last minute wobble

Hi everyone

We are just about to book the Matina for 2 weeks next July. I'm so excited but I've just seen the last couple of reviews on here and they really weren't that positive. I'm now worried about cleanliness/ants/cockroaches all of which have been mentioned in very recent reviews.

Can anyone reassure me? I've got a 4 year old and the hotel looks amazing for her so I really hope I'm just worrying over nothing:)

Thanks

Joanne

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
56 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking Matina - last minute wobble

Hi

Go to the tab at the top of the page marked hotels and scroll down to Matina

No worries needed :)

Manchester, England
Level Contributor
246 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking Matina - last minute wobble

Also read the latest reviews and seen the pictures. We're due to arrive a week tomorrow and still looking forward to the holiday. As a general rule most reviews are good and yes whilst there are a few bad ones they're a minority. My opinion is if you're not happy about something tell somebody whilst you're there, not when you get home. The Greeks are in my opinion are a great bunch of people who will normally go out of their way to please you so the reviews do seen unusual. I'm certainly not considering chsnging my accommodation at this late stage!

chorley lancs
Level Contributor
126 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking Matina - last minute wobble

Hi there

Re Your Last Minute Wobble - I also read the "terrible" reviews, so understand. If it was me I would re-think.

Have a look at Pefkos Beach Hotel, Pefki Island and Lindia Thalassa reviews, PBH most central, other 2 both part of same complex, little less central, but highly recommended - my daughter has stayed at them all. All found on Thompson -Good Luck !!

Level Contributor
23 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Booking Matina - last minute wobble

I think I've got my heart set on this hotel though.

The huge majority of reviews seem to be excellent and the facilities for children look good.

Thanks for the replies.

Bristol
Level Contributor
6 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Booking Matina - last minute wobble

I'd ignore the reviews - We've been going there for 13 years and have taken our daughter since she was 8 months old - never found it to be dirty.

Manchester...
Level Contributor
84 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Booking Matina - last minute wobble

It seems to have the same people going back year after year after year is the impression I get so it can't be that bad. I don't think you need to worry unless you feel you will be an outsider as everyone seem to be regulars there!

Wirral
Level Contributor
6,438 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Booking Matina - last minute wobble

Hey

Good attitide Riley, the ironic thing is that when people moan about ants, it is usually as a result of them attracting them in the first place, by dropping food, sweet sticky drinks etc in the room. I remind them its a hot, often humid country and bugs are part n parcel of life out there. Reviews are all about balance, 2 bad reviews out of hundreds of good ones means nothing.

Enjoy

Mart

Edited: 1:16 pm, September 10, 2013
Level Contributor
23 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Booking Matina - last minute wobble

Thanks everyone, just got off the phone and we're all booked. July 9th for 2 weeks!

Been going to Zante for last 6 years so very excited to try something new!!

Level Contributor
23 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Booking Matina - last minute wobble

Thanks everyone, just got off the phone and we're all booked. July 9th for 2 weeks!

Been going to Zante for last 6 years so very excited to try something new!!

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Booking Matina - last minute wobble

We stayed here the first two weeks of August and I was really worried about crawlies(I am so scared of the likes of cockroaches etc.). I brought a can of insect repellent from the on site shop and sprayed around the windows and doors and the drains, sinks etc. every night before we went out and never saw one crawlie.We stayed in block 9 on the top floor and we couldn't fault it. Have a great holiday. I'm sure you will love it.

Get answers to your questions about Pefkos