We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mayfair Cigarette Packaging

Glasgow
Level Contributor
324 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Mayfair Cigarette Packaging

My dad's just returned from Pefkos and brought back 5 packs of 200 Mayfair cigarettes.

The packs are not in the usual cardboard sleeves but are packed in plain celophane/plastic.

He purchased them in 2 different shops and the packaging is the same however I'm concerned they may well be fake.

Can anybody verify that packs of 200 Mayfair cigarettes are packaged in this manner as opposed to the normal cardboard sleeves?

Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Peloponnese, Athens
Level Contributor
9,489 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mayfair Cigarette Packaging

Do they have the blue & white seal sticker with the price on?

There are quite a few soft pack brands in Greece, not sure about Mayfair as I don't smoke them.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
324 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Mayfair Cigarette Packaging

Each individual pack of 20 has a blue and white seal with the price on (3.80 Euros).

The actual packaging design of each individual pack of 20 differs from that of the UK packaging.

Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Peloponnese, Athens
Level Contributor
9,489 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mayfair Cigarette Packaging

Don't worry about it, very few cigs here are packaged in the UK, & if they are they could still be different for export. Many non Greek cigarettes are either packaged here, or elsewhere in the EU. The sticker being intact & the fact that they were bought in shops makes them extremely unlikely to be anything other than genuine.

Out of interest I will see if they have them at our local periptero next time I'm down there.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
324 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Mayfair Cigarette Packaging

Yiassas,

Thanks for your comments. I feel more assured now.

5. Re: Mayfair Cigarette Packaging

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, November 01, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Pefkos