We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it enough?

solarized
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Topic
Is it enough?

Hiya flying out to Pefkos for the first time on Sat 8th - can't wait!

there are 4 of us going, I just wondered do you think €60 a day sounds enough for a single female? We are staying in summer memories apts so will have breakfast of fruit in the apartment, not in to 3 course meals and am a veggie so lunch will prob be a simple salad or baguette and a 1 course meal at night with wine. I guess my biggest expense is I like to have a drink (or several) at night.

Do you think €60 a day will be reasonable enough for a week? No trips planned as my friends sister lives there so will hopefully get out and about with her and we aren't hiring a car.

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
10,935 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is it enough?

That should be OK - most people budget on about €100 per day per couple, so €60 a day per person is fine.

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is it enough?

Hi there

Likewise, the wife and I budget for €100 per day between us and although we're not extravagant, we don't go short of anything either.

solarized
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Is it enough?

Brilliant, I thought it would be, its a chilled girly holiday, so won't be extravagant, chilling by the pool in the day, dinner at night and a few bars, and as I say my best friends sister owns a bar out there and we are all really excited! 11 more sleeps :-D

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is it enough?

Have a great trip.

solarized
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Is it enough?

I will, not been to Greece since i was 19 (am 31 now) so very excited and will be so nice to see my best friends sister and family, who i've not seen for about 15 years!

Brighton
Level Contributor
1,906 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Is it enough?

I find it's the alcohol after dinner that eats into your budget the most at 5e a pop for a spirit and mixer so it all depends on how many is several lol. I think it's perfectly doable given your situation 2 courses plus share of a litre carafe of wine for dinner was averaging 20- 25e in Lindos in May so with cheap breakfast/brunch/lunch and incidentals like sunbed and snacks on the beach you should be ok.Bottle of something in the fridge for sundowner and mates rates in the bar if your lucky will help too! Enjoy

solarized
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Is it enough?

Thanks btongirl the plan is to buy spirits for the room, so i'll only drink local beer and a few glasses of wine in the evenings, so i'm hoping it should be enough! I'm thinking €30 on drinks should get me a few if they average €3 each that's 10!!!

8. Re: Is it enough?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, December 16, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Pefkos