We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thalia hotel

hull
Level Contributor
27 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Thalia hotel

hi everybody,we are going to the Thali hotel in 3 Weeks we are a mixed party of adults infants and babies,i have just read the most recent reviews on the hotel and they are not great,we are very worried and are considering changing the hotel,if it where just us adults we would get on with it,but its the children we are thinking about ie dirty pools,food not good,could any of you give us some advice on what would be best to do,thanks

Darwen, United...
Level Contributor
42 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Thalia hotel

hello we stayed there in jul 09 we went s/c but the pool was fine the room was basic but very clean and the family that ran it were very friendly

Suffolk, U.K
Level Contributor
36 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Thalia hotel

The way this year is flying by it will soon come around!! Am looking forward to it i must admit, even though Thomsons have very kindly changed our flight by 2 hours each way!!! Thought my days of traveling at stupid o'clock were over, obviously not!!! LOL

Suffolk, U.K
Level Contributor
36 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Thalia hotel

Thanks Elizabeth, I'm sure it will all be fine :-))

London, United...
Level Contributor
94 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Thalia hotel

I walk past this hotel daily on the way to Pefki islands hotel. It is a bit tatty but what I have noticed is that you can take your children to the great pool s at lindia thallassos /pefki islands hotels which are less than 5 mins away. No one will ask and the pools are immaculate and very family friendly.

Wirral
Level Contributor
6,424 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Thalia hotel

Hey

As Ray says, you can visit these pools and stay for the day with no admission fee etc, without an issue. You don't have to be residents to use the pool facilities. Although, out of courtesy, the very least you can do is buy drinks/snacks whilst there rather than taking yr own in with u. This applies to all the hotels/apartments/ accommodation with pools in Pefki (apart from private villas of course, now that would b cheeky)

IMO, the biggest n best pool in Pefki is the one at the Colisseum apartments situated on Pefki main drag not far from Spitaki restaurant, Rhodos Direct Travel and Pefkos By Night Bar. Plenty of lounger space around the pool and great snacks/drinks bar.

Mart

Edited: 3:35 am, June 10, 2012
Belfast, United...
1 post
Save Reply
16. Re: Thalia hotel

We stayed there in October 2007, it was end of season and we had 2 weeks, first few days fine, then they stopped serving food. Also stopped cleaning the pool, stacked all the furniture in the outdoor toilets, stopped giving us clean sheets and towels and became very rude and hostile. We had to walk up the town in sweltering heat for food and water. We asked them why were they treating us so bad when we had payed for 2 weeks and expected to be catered for on our whole stay, they spoke in their own language,laughed at us and the told us to f off. Would never go back as it was terrible, dirty wasn't the word for it.

Edited: 12:22 pm, June 12, 2012
Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
973 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Thalia hotel

dawn68, don't know if you're already in Pefkos but we've just got back from staying in Thalia hotel and the pools were clean and the pool area good with plenty shade. There is a large plant which overhangs the bar area and it drops black berries which get squashed when people walk over them and we thought at first this was soil as it looks grubby.

Rooms were also clean and food although basic was edible. We ate out most nights but had breakfast every day and most lunches as we just wanted a small snack. Drinks were good and we didn't have to wait long to be served.

We found the hotel very good value for what we paid and I think some people who have written reviews are being unrealistic expecting 5 star luxury at a very low cost! I will add my review soon.

18. Re: Thalia hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, July 02, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Pefkos