We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

internet access

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
262 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
internet access

We are going to Pefkos/Lindos in August and staying in a villa between the two villages , and need to have internet access and need to know where can I buy a dongle from out there, we have been travelling out there since 1997, so understand that getting one in Rhodes town would not be a problem but wondered if I could get one more locally?

Wirral
Level Contributor
6,424 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: internet access

Hey

This is a long shot but I seem to recall a topic within the last few months on a similar theme. I remember the village of Archangelos being mentioned and a purchase being made there.

I may be wrong, but its worth checking out.

Mart

Wirral
Level Contributor
6,424 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: internet access

Hey

Check out the Haraki Forum, a topic entitled mobile broadband was posted on 29 April 2011 by kindon. It mentions the Wind shop in Archangelos and reconfiguration and dongles.

Not sure if that's what u are looking for, technology isn't my thing :-)

Why not PM Kindon......

Mart

Lancashire
Level Contributor
255 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: internet access

Hi

Several bars in both Lindos & Pefkos have WiFi, you just need to ask for the password.

Some villas do have internet access, have you checked with the owner? As other posters suggest there are phone shops in Archangelos. I can recommend Germanos, they sell all networks and the girls in there speak good English.

It's worth finding out which mobile phone company will give you the best signal before you purchase a dongle. We have a villa in Psaltos (the area between Lindos & Pefkos) and only get a good signal with Cosmote.

Wendles

Wirral
Level Contributor
6,424 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: internet access

Hey

Got to agree, I was staying just outside Pefkos earlier this year. The stronger signal was Cosmote, it would occasionally switch to Wind and it was useless.

Mart

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
262 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: internet access

thanks to all for the info, I have checked the comments about the shop in Archangalos, they sound really helpful, the villa we are staying in does not have access as I have checked so it looks like the dongle will be the answer.

Pete

6. Re: internet access

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:15 am, October 02, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Pefkos