We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excursions from Pefkos

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
172 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Excursions from Pefkos

Hi

Off to Pefkos on Wednesday - cant wait to get some sunshine ! Just wondered what excursions people have done from Pefkos - Turkey , Symi , island tour , butterfly valley etc - basically what not to miss and what to avoid . Also whats Rhodes like in June for mozzies - much of a problem ? Any advice gratefully received .

Cheers , Dodgy.

PS - Is there an excursion shop in Pefkos ? Normally cheaper than through tour company. Thanks again .

Wirral
Level Contributor
6,391 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Excursions from Pefkos

Hey Dodgy

Try Rhodes Direct agency on Pefkos main drag, opposite the Colliseum pool bar and apartments. Down towards the Pefkos By Night end.

They are really helpful, do all the tours and won't rip u off. They are the ones that got me my 2nd flight home with Ryan air for E65 and my 3rd flight with Thompson Fly for E55, long story. Otherwise there are a few agencies down the beach road past Enigma. In my experience holiday reps prices are dearer.

Symi is recommended, but time may limited in Symi on an organised tour. Far better to do it yourself, ie bus to Rhodes Town and cat over to Symi.

Re mossies, it all depends on the environment where yr accomm is situated, tough one to call, take the usual precautions and anything with DEET or citronella in should do the trick.

Mart

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Excursions from Pefkos

Hi there

There are excursions shops in Pefkos - the one we use is on "Main Beach Road" , right by Jimmy's Bar. You can book trips to pretty much anywhere on the island from there, as well as to Symi. I don't know about the Turkey tips as we just turned up at the harbour in Rhodes Town and didn't use an excursion agency. You can do the same for the Symi trips, but obviously, in either case, you'd have to make our own way to Rhodes Town.

I wouldn't say there was anything to avoid, it just depends upon what rings your bell, and what doesn't. We always hire a car for a few days as that gives us total freedom to go where we like and at our own pace. Do try to get down to see Prasonissi, Monolithos and Fourni in the far south/southwest of the island and I'd say that if ancient sites are your thing, then do see Kameiros and Ialyssos, plus the lovely, rustic village of Asklepio, just a few kms inland from Kiotari, where you'll find a beautiful church, a folklore museum, and a ruined castle that you can walk up to via the winding track from the village.

Afandou, Greece
Level Contributor
6,032 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Excursions from Pefkos

The Shop mentioned by GB is Zorbas Travel

Victoria will look after your every need

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
172 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Excursions from Pefkos

Thanks for your great advice - will check out places you have mentioned and let you know how we got on .

Cheers , Dodgy.

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Excursions from Pefkos

Have a great trip Dodgy.

6. Re: Excursions from Pefkos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:22 am, June 01, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Pefkos
Recent Conversations