We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Review of my stay at Coralli April/May 2011

Wirral
Level Contributor
6,391 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Review of my stay at Coralli April/May 2011

Hey everyone

I thought I would give a brief review of my stay at the Coralli. (I have submitted a full review in the TA hotel review area which should be on within 48 hours).

A little bit about the Coralli itself: Fantastic value for money, for what I paid for it £160 for 17 days, what you get in return is unreal. The rooms are typically S/C greek but with the added bonus of a bath and kettle. My room was larger than I expected as a solo traveller and included everything you need for a self catering experience. Clean and well maintained and cleaned daily and towels/bedding changed every 3 days or so.

The pool area is elevated overlooking a long stretch of deserted beach with easy direct access to the beach. The pool area is clean, spacious and sufficient loungers to go around. There is a relaxing bar area with comfy chairs for lounging about or casual drinks food. The restaurant is its 'jewel in the crown'. Expansive menu choice, fantastic food and reasonably priced compared to other 'higher end' restaurants in Pekfos/Lindos. Locals from all over the island come to eat which says it all to me. Holidaymakers in Pekfos, Lindos and Lardos also tried it out and often returned more than once.

The staff are fantastic. Tsambika the owner is very friendly and helpful and treats you like one of the family. Jimmy and Billy the bar/restaurant staff are easygoing, helpful, courteous and professional. Nothing is too much trouble for any of them.

The beach extends as far as Lardos and is a mixture of rocks, shingle and sand with plenty of quiet areas to relax away from the crowds. There is also a small area of the beach nearby with great swimming, sun loungers and a Kantina.

Easy 10 minute walk into Pekfos and restaurants such as Spitaki, Dama Dama, Kyma and Philosophia, some of my favourites. Numerous bars and pool bars such as Pefkos by Night, Rock Bar, Caprice Bar, The Rock Garden amongst others. Plenty for everyone, sport, live music, chilled, fast food and authentic Greek food. Beaches are family friendly with a variety of watersports.

Coralli has bus stops outside in the direction of Lindos or Lardos. 15 minutes into Lindos at 1.5 Euros and 5 Euros 50 cents to Rhodes Town ( an hour or more).

More about the holiday itself:

I thought I was clever by getting to Liverpool airport early to check in early with Easyjet and get the choice of seating. Got there and I saw 2 Easyjet queues for the check in area. One was miles shorter than the other so I jumped in that one, secretly laughing at the others in the longer queue. Got to check in and the girl asked where my online 'boarding card' was. Doh! I hadnt done it and had to go and join the even longer queue that had gathered now with my tail between my legs. By the time I got through I only had time for 1 breakfast pint, gutted.

Easyjet flight great no issues and arrived on time in Rhodes. Transfer4u shuttle transfer again no problems, 15 minute wait and 1hr and 15 minute transfer to the Coralli. Got there in time for a swim, happy days.

Weather from 27 April to 3 May very unsettled, unusually so but I have noticed this over the last few years and in October also. No worries, didnt stop me hitting the pool and walking the beach all the way to Lardos, with the obligatory refuelling stop on the way.

Pefkos season kicked in on 4 May and it was strange for the week or so before as everywhere was so chilled. Everywhere you looked there were guys with a paint brush and pot of paint. A few places were open to keep things interesting. Pekfos beach was deserted before 4 May and it was fantastic. No sunloungers or parasols it was serene. However, I stumbled across a sunlounger that had been forgotten at the back of the beach, perfect and free. Quite amusing watching the faces of the few that came onto the beach, wondering where I had got the lounger from but too polite too ask.

Popped into Finas hotel early on 4 May as I was passing for a drink as it was starting to heat up. They were gearing themselves up for their first arrivals that afternoon and the hotel was not officially open. Youve got to be cheeky avnt ya so I asked if I could use the pool facilities for the afternoon as long as I buy a beer or two. Sorted, spent all afternoon with the landscaped pool area to myself and no rugrats splashing in the pool :-)

Weather turned when season got going and temps gradually started rising hitting 26/27 1st/2nd week in May, admittedly with some cloud around. All the pool bars started to open including Palm Cocktail pool bar, well worth a visit. Spent a lot of time in Armonia bar and Pefkos by Night, great live bands and the footy. The Rock Bar was great when it finally opened, some great tunes but only got kicking after 11pm.

A couple of visits into Lindos of a day mid holiday relaxing on the main beach and lunchtime in Georgios 2 beach bar with a Mythos or two.

Coralli got busier by the time 11th May came and Pefkos got livelier. Really hot now and temps hitting 29, 30 and 31 and breeze calming down. Spent some long hot days on the beach and swimming in the sea, gorgeous. Oh and more Mythos!

Had a crazy moment and decided not to get my EJ flight home on 14 May, instead I mooched into an agent and booking a Ryan Air flight for the following Thursday for buttons. Wehey, I was staying longer!!! Tsambika only charged me 15 Euros per night for my 5 extra nights, bargain!

More long days in the sun tempered by the occasional large Mythos in a chilled glass. Thursday was fast approaching and it was getting hotter, mmm, decisions! Another crazy moment saw me sacking off my Ryan Air flight and booking a Thompson Fly flight for 55 Euros for the following Sunday. Another 3 days in the Rodos sun. Tsambika and Jimmy thought I was mad. Met a scouser who works round the corner from me in Liverpool. You would often see him around the pool at 11am sneaking his first Mythos in, quite a character and always got the card school going.

7pm on the Saturday before I flew home came along and I grabbed a bus from the Coralli into Rhodes Town. Spent 2 or 3 hours in and around Mandraki taking in the atmosphere, admiring the luxury yaughts in Commerical harbour and mooching around the old town. However, I could only do this for so long dragging around a bloody suitcase. So I gave in at midnight and got a taxi to Diagoras Airport. Found the bar/cafe in the departure check in area still open by the skin my teeth and settled down with a couple of sherberts as it then closed for the night. Watched in envy as Olympic holidays Strategic airlines customers checked in for the 02:15am flight. I still had 4 hours to go, hey but at least I would be first in the check in queue. The longest 2 hours of my life was spent sitting around in a deserted departure area until the check in desk opened with some curious looks from security. It eventually opened and I was told there were only 35 people on the ThompsonFly flight home, fantastic. Got on board and it was a row of 4 seats to myself with a view to a well earned kip after 36 sleep deprived hours.

Even better, one of the stewardesses who I knew but hadnt seen for years was on the flight. Happy days, I got a free meal, free comfort kit, blanket and pillow and headphones together with the odd sneaky free bevvy. ha ha ha . All for 55 Euros, what a bargain.

Flight landed half an hour early in rain soaked Manchester and back to the Wirral and slept for 18 hours before straight to work :-( No use to anyone but hey at least I made it in.

Great holiday with an unexpected extension, do it all again tomorrow if I could.

Enjoy your holidays everyone, especially those at the Coralli,

Sorry for boring ya all

Mart

Wirral
Level Contributor
6,391 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Review of my stay at Coralli April/May 2011

Hey Liz

Cheers

Yeah, Im lucky having a choice of flights from both Liverpool n Manchester. But yr lucky having the Barrier Reef n Whitsundays on yr doorstep, fantastic, I would love to go there :-)

Yeah Mythos is a local tipple on Rodos together with Alfa. Im havin withdrawal symptoms already, roll on September

Mart

Queensland...
Level Contributor
141 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Review of my stay at Coralli April/May 2011

Hey Mart - I sent you a Priv. Message re Lindos - any suggestions would be great!

Hope to hear from u soon!

Regards Liz

23. Re: Review of my stay at Coralli April/May 2011

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:24 am, June 13, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Pefkos
Recent Conversations