We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather sept / oct

kent
Level Contributor
13 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
weather sept / oct

I am thinking of going to pefkos for the last week in september but have heard it could be windy. Any advice please.

North Yorkshire
Level Contributor
170 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weather sept / oct

Hi

We have been holidaying on the Greek islands for several years now and have found that some resorts are windier than others.

Looking at the windsurfing sites the best places are on the other side of the island from Pefkos. I have studied google maps and the sea round the lower parts of Rhodes do seem to be much flatter then round the top end - that's not to say that it wont be windy but there are no islands opposite pefkos so nothing to cause a vortex to increase wind speed.

If you look at the coast on google maps you cannot see any 'foam' round the shore edge in pefkos but you can in Ixia.

Hope I am right as I am going 1st week in October!

kent
Level Contributor
13 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weather sept / oct

Hi Lynn

Thanks for your help.

Afandou, Greece
Level Contributor
5,966 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: weather sept / oct

Dont worry about it being windy. Thro July & August it was 50C & we were glad of the breeze. When its hot here then it can be breezy . So please dont think of it being WINDY

4. Re: weather sept / oct

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, February 28, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Pefkos