We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfer help

Northamptonshire...
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Transfer help

Hi Vagabonda and others

We are landing in Catania at 12:40pm this Friday (18 August), and have accommodation booked in Malfa. We fly back at 12:00 midday on Wednesday 23 August. I can't seem to catch a Siremar ferry with a rental car on Friday afternoon - the only options seem to be before we land early in the morning. Can you verify this please in case I've misunderstood?

As an alternative, perhaps we cancel the rental car and get from Catania to Milazzo by public transport - is bus or train best? Then we could get the Liberty Lines hydrofoil on foot instead. I don't think we would make the 15:10 one, so is the best option the 17:45?

A second set of eyes would be appreciated :)

Thanks

Jane

4 replies to this topic
Northamptonshire...
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
1. Re: Transfer help

Not sure how to tag someone on here!

Edited: 8:26 am, August 14, 2017
Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
115,780 posts
2. Re: Transfer help

Hi Jane S,

There are Siremar ferry crossings from Milazzo on Friday at 7:30, 9:30, and 18:30, and NGI crossings at 6:30 and 21:00.

https:/…siremar-8-facciate.pdf

Book the crossing at 18:30.

Or cancel the rental car, take the direct Giuntabus service from the airport to the port, take any ferry or hydrofoil service that's convenient, and then hire a car locally on Salina.

But book the crossing and the rental.

Vagabonda

Northamptonshire...
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
3. Re: Transfer help

Hi Vagabonda

Thanks for the reply!

But the 18:30 only goes as far as Lipari, I think, and not on a Friday - am I reading the timetable right? The 18:30 doesn't come up in my search on https://carontetourist.it/en/siremar either.

Thanks

Jane

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
115,780 posts
4. Re: Transfer help

Intended the 21:00 NGI crossing, not the 18:30 crossing.

Vagabonda

Reply to: Transfer help
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted