We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Keith and Dufftown Scotland

Portland, Oregon
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Keith and Dufftown Scotland

I plan to visit Keith and Dufftown in early September. I reserved an accommodation in Keith, to visit the Strathisla Distillery but also would like to visit the distilleries in Dufftown; since I don't wish to

drive back to Keith after visiting the Dufftown distilleries on an evening tour, any suggestions how I might get to Dufftown and back to Keith after an early evening distillery tour?

4 replies to this topic
Trondheim, Norway
Destination Expert
for Trondheim
Level Contributor
4,653 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Keith and Dufftown Scotland

The only public transport between Dufftown and Keith is the Keith & Dufftown Railway (heritage railway), but in early september it only runs during weekends and the last departure from Dufftown is 3:50pm.

So taxi is more or less your only option

Trondheim, Norway
Destination Expert
for Trondheim
Level Contributor
4,653 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Keith and Dufftown Scotland

Edit time ran out.

There are buses on scholdays from Dufftown to Keith, but the last possible departure is 4pm from Dufftown.

Other than taxi you'll have to take the bus from Dufftown to Elgin (last departure 7:05pm) and change there for bus or train to Keith.

Portland, Oregon
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Keith and Dufftown Scotland

Dear WhiskyTraveller,

Thank you, as it never occurred to me there might be a taxi available.

Sounds like the most reliable and flexible option.

Best Regards

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
1 post
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Keith and Dufftown Scotland

Hello WhiskyTraveller,

I intend to make the same trip ginnybarryPDX will from Keith to Dufftown and would probably use a Taxi as you recommend. Would you be able to share if there are taxis easily available near Keith's train station? Also, any ideas of the fare (so I can be prepared with enough money)?

Thanks a lot!

Reply to: Keith and Dufftown Scotland
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Keith
Recent Conversations