We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thinking of booking Stoupa

coventry
Level Contributor
624 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Thinking of booking Stoupa

Hi all

We have just booked our main 2 week holiday to parga at beginning of July 2014

After all the great reviews, were staying at the Hotel Rezi and apartments.

However now we are becoming greek lovers we are looking to try as many different places we can. So stoupa is one we like the look of. And we want to book it for September 2014.

We are going with my parents both in there early 70s and we are in our mid fortys.

We want aelf catering not to far from the action of tavernas and beach.

Can people recommend some accommodation that is good on reviews and all round good position.

Probably 2 studios self catering.

Help would be great.

Thanks MR Green

chorley lancs
Level Contributor
126 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Thinking of booking Stoupa

Thanks for that reply , nursecarol, some varying replies, Hmm - not yet able tomake my mind up ! Jules

chorley lancs
Level Contributor
126 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: Thinking of booking Stoupa

Excellent review, Keith - Jules

chorley lancs
Level Contributor
126 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: Thinking of booking Stoupa

BTW - I know a poster who does like both !!! Jules

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
11,585 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: Thinking of booking Stoupa

Hi Jules

Yes so difficult picking places for people as we all have different ideas from our holidays, if you go on the Parga forum you will get the dead opposite views, the guys on here have given good accounts of the place and am sure you will get the right vibes if it suits you, we tend to go to the lesser package places now and would always return to Stoupa

Level Contributor
379 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: Thinking of booking Stoupa

Stoupa or Parga? What month & what do I want to do?

Stoupa - brilliant beach quiet village with most restaurants serving quality food at good prices - won't break the bank. Lovely village in ag nik along the costal path even in 40c heat pushing a buggy. I believe there are lots of other walks but my wife loves the beach & walking more than 1 day is a waste - misses out on the sun?!

Parga - great for visiting beaches by boat - not if ur wife is sea sick but hey she didn't want to go walking! There is good food in Parga but I'd say it's at least 1/3 more expensive than stoupa. Water sports better in Parga.

If you want a walking holiday, beach holiday or just a quiet village then stoupa is excellent.

If you want to get on a water taxi to go to a beach or like a big seafront or spread out resort then Parga is for you.

If you have teenage children used to Spain, Portugal or canaries then Parga would be a better fit.

Couple or young family then stoupa will give you everything you want BE CAREFUL though as once you've been YOU will return.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
639 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
36. Re: Thinking of booking Stoupa

I've booked for Stoupa ( the last two weeks of July) thats if I've not been blown away first .

Swinton, United...
Level Contributor
1,099 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
37. Re: Thinking of booking Stoupa

Just started our research on Stoupa - this is likely to be our destination for a week in July now need to find nice S/C accommodation

38. Re: Thinking of booking Stoupa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, February 25, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Stoupa