We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traditional Greek Nights

Which Stoupa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
L T
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
111 posts
122 reviews
Save Topic
Traditional Greek Nights

We are travelling to Stoupa in August and I wondered if there are any tavernas that host traditional Greek nights in Stoupa of Ag Nik?

Many thanks

colchester
Destination Expert
for Stoupa
Level Contributor
1,917 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traditional Greek Nights

There used to be, at the Panorea, but it changed hands a couple of years ago and it ceased. There is often traditional Greek music being played at the Pig Man, but his food prices are a rip off. Aggelik's occasionally has music too.

Edited: 12:52 pm, May 03, 2013
L T
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
111 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Traditional Greek Nights

thanks for taking the time to reply, it's a shame there aren't any traditional music nights. I see you know the place well, any tips?

republic of scotland
Level Contributor
574 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Traditional Greek Nights

I like Akrigialos at the far (left as you look out to sea) end of the beach. Nice spot for lunch or for watching the sun go down. Simple but extensive menu and a fish display if you are feeling flush. Always found the service to be absolutely fantastic.

South Wales, UK
Level Contributor
205 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Traditional Greek Nights

Hi, it's my first Stoupa trip in 5 weeks.I thik if someone takes time to trawl this forum site they will find a wealth of info, I know I have.From searching the web and you tube there is quite a bit about Stoupa and it's more traditional side

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
52 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Traditional Greek Nights

If you mean plate smashing and Zorba style dancing then you may be disappointed. There are dozens of excellent tavernas and restaurants and I can only echo my friend from Kardamyli regarding Akrigialos, superb. But then almost everywhere is. Apparently the Riviera has had a face lift this season and has always been excellent. The wonderful Voula at Agelikis is a treasure and the food excellent and if you are willing to go away from the front the Dionysis is good and very reasonably priced too. It seems a shame to go all that way and there are so many wonderful places to eat but can I pop in a word for a pizza joint on the main drag called Rodis. When you just want something simple and tasty and cheap and quick it really hits the spot. And the siblings that run it have a very dry sense of humour, good people!

colchester
Destination Expert
for Stoupa
Level Contributor
1,917 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Traditional Greek Nights

I agree with all Christopher has said about the restaurants, but Doufexis Travel is up one road to the left of the Brothers if you have your back to the sea, It's Dionysus that is up the lane beside the Brothers. Perasma which is along the road leading up to Kalogria on the right is also very good, but lots of complimentary starters and HUGE portions, so order carefully.

14 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Traditional Greek Nights

Hi Carol.

Do you visit Stoupa often as looking for general information

and recommendations for our first visit this year.

Thankyou.:-)

colchester
Destination Expert
for Stoupa
Level Contributor
1,917 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Traditional Greek Nights

Meeru1, Hi ,

Yes I've visited Stoupa in May and September for 2 weeks at a time, for about 7 years , I love it.

I spend a lot of my time there walking in the hills and usually hire a bike for a couple of days, and a few days on the beach.

Do ask anything you'd like to know.

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
10,880 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Traditional Greek Nights

hi meeru

I have put this on before but it wil give you an idea of the place, I've enlarged the pictures since but Carol gives good advice on the place

holidayreviews.info/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=14

colchester
Destination Expert
for Stoupa
Level Contributor
1,917 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Traditional Greek Nights

Delboy, whilst I've viewed your wonderful photos before it is great to see them again, it makes the 14 weeks until my next visit seem a bit nearer. One small point.... the weekly walk organised by Dave and Steve has been changed to Thursdays starting from Lefktron Hotel at 0900, well worth it as you get to see more of the surrounding villages and meet other people, the walk is not strenuous and about 5 miles, ending up in a village Taverna for a communal lunch.

Get answers to your questions about Stoupa
Recent Conversations