We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

nearby towns

kent
Level Contributor
180 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
nearby towns

Hi

We are going to Stoupa for the first time in 5 weeks. Firstly, I was wondering if there is any town/village close by (taxi ride or walking) to go for the night just for a change of scene? We like to eat by the sea and traditional tavernas (with traditional music?)

Secondly, having looked at the photos, it seems that most of the tavernas are over the road from the beach. Are there any directly on the beach?

And finally... would Finikounda be too far to go for one night (ie book accommodation and return the next day) I am interested for potential holidays, so thought we could have a taster....

thanks in advance!

colchester
Destination Expert
for Stoupa
Level Contributor
2,077 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: nearby towns

Aggellis is still my fave place to eat, yes it does get busy because it is so popular, but I've never found the tables squashed in together and as a lone woman wouldn't want that. Voula is so accommodating and will always try and fit in an extra table if needed, perhaps that's what people mean.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
589 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: nearby towns

No-one's mentioned Kardamyli which is about a 10 minute drive from Stoupa. Check it out on TA.

Bristol, United...
Destination Expert
for Messenia Region, Laconia Region, Magnesia Region
Level Contributor
5,005 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: nearby towns

I mentioned Kardamyli...!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
589 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: nearby towns

Oops sorry 2bristolians :)

15. Re: nearby towns

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, April 30, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Stoupa
Recent Conversations