We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Potamaki Restaurant

west mids
Level Contributor
44 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Potamaki Restaurant

Can anyone tell me whether the Potamaki Restaurant is still in operation. It was on the sea front but behind a carpark, virtually next door to an internet cafe/bar. Had a lovely garden setting but no sea views but we loved it.

Many Thanks

colchester
Destination Expert
for Stoupa
Level Contributor
2,089 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Potamaki Restaurant

Potmaki was closed when I was in Stoupa both last September and this May. The car park had been concreted over and was a very big fancy looking outfit called Giovanni's, only ever saw 1 table in use, it later closed down, and this May there was building work going on. I'd like to know what has gone up in it's place.

I liked Potmaki, great food and good prices.

west mids
Level Contributor
44 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Potamaki Restaurant

Thanks Nursecarol. How sad, that was our favourite when we were in Stoupa 2 years ago. Looking again for next year!

London
Level Contributor
285 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Potamaki Restaurant

Giovannis was very much in operation in July and doing very well. He had quite a few sunchairs on the beach in front too where he used to charge 5 euros but gave 2 bottles of water free. The restaurant was very popular, I also saw people taking pizzas away too. I did notice that they were also using I think Potomakis for the kitchen etc as I saw them walking back through the archway with the trays etc. He also served food to the people on the sunchairs, we had a very nice lunch there one day bought too us as we lay in the sun. Very good service indeed. But then again I think most of the restaurants were doing the same this summer.

Edited: 10:17 am, September 15, 2012
whitstable
Level Contributor
121 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Potamaki Restaurant

Giovannis still open but have not seen anyone in there all week

colchester
Destination Expert
for Stoupa
Level Contributor
2,089 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Potamaki Restaurant

Oh! I guess that they were just making some alterations when I was there in May.

Thanks for the info.

6. Re: Potamaki Restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, September 23, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Stoupa