We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from Kalamata airport to Stoupa

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Travel from Kalamata airport to Stoupa

Can anyone tell me the best way to get from Kalamata airport (arriving early afternoon on a Sunday Thos Cook flight) to Stoupa where we have booked accommodation this September? We don't want to hire a car and if a bus is out of the question and taxi is the best option, what is the going rate for this trip?

Warwick
Level Contributor
412 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel from Kalamata airport to Stoupa

Taxi im afraid if not hireing a car.

Warwick
Level Contributor
412 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel from Kalamata airport to Stoupa

You could ask Thomas Cook reps on arrival for cost of transfer by coach.

I presume you only booked flights with Thomas Cook or visit there shop before you leave and see if the can orginise.

Rugby, United...
Level Contributor
52 posts
228 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel from Kalamata airport to Stoupa

Hi, don't know the cost but it's approx 1 1/4 hours by transfer coach... If going by taxi make sure you book the return journey in advance as there is only one taxi actually in Stoupa.....Have a lovely holiday!

Norfolk
Level Contributor
28 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel from Kalamata airport to Stoupa

We travelled to Stoupa with Olympic Holidays first two weeks of July this year. Went from airport to hotel (Lefktron) by transfer coach, which was fine although you have to wait while drop-offs are made. However, weather was so hot we couldn't face return trip to airport by coach. We had been told there was only 1 taxi available in the area, but on the Saturday afternoon prior to flying on Sunday I asked Reception at hotel the cost of a taxi (65 euro) and was it possible to book one. No problem - straight on the phone and organised immediately. Next morning at 8.20 (taxi booked for 8.30) a lovely Greek woman arrived with a nice comfortable car and we were taken to Kalamata. Arrived 15 mins ahead of coaches and checked in without any queuing or hassle. I do agree the cost is quite considerable, but felt it was worth it. When your holiday arrives, hope you have as an enjoyable time as we did - lovely resort.

Edited: 10:24 am, August 22, 2012
Rugby, United...
Level Contributor
52 posts
228 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel from Kalamata airport to Stoupa

Hi, seems u were there , and at lefktron, the exact same time as us...it WAS very hot on the transfer bus, wish we'd known/ thought about the taxi option, would hav been money well spent!!

Rugby, United...
Level Contributor
52 posts
228 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel from Kalamata airport to Stoupa

Hi, seems u were there , and at lefktron, the exact same time as us...it WAS very hot on the transfer bus, wish we'd known/ thought about the taxi option, would hav been money well spent!!

Rugby, United...
Level Contributor
52 posts
228 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travel from Kalamata airport to Stoupa

London
Level Contributor
286 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Travel from Kalamata airport to Stoupa

We were there in July also but staying at the Maini Studios. My only complaint being we were the only 2 leaving on the Gatwick coach that Sunday morning and although we were promised our cases would be collected at 09.45 we were still waiting at 10.30. After getting the owner of the studios to telephone the office someone did come and collect our cases . We had to meet the coach at the main road (about 5 mins walk from the studios). When we got there we found our cases which had literally just been left on the pavement just up the road from Katerinas supermarket. We then sat on the wall in blistering heat for 25 minutes as the coach was late. Once it arrived it was nice and cool with the aircon, but this is the only part of a Stoupa holiday I dislike. The suitcase fiasco. I know the roads are too narrow to get coaches down but its not nice leaving your luggage in the middle of the pavement on a busy main road !! The other couple leaving our studios that morning ordered a taxi and didnt have to put up with that so maybe for that reason if nothing else its worth the money to get a taxi.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Travel from Kalamata airport to Stoupa

Hi. We've been to Stoupa several times but always with a package. This is our 1st year solo and we're struggling with Kalamata transit solutions as well. The local bus timetable seems ok and cheap but is it reliable? Taxi are steep but I can see the benefits. We'd like to go down the rep coach option but don't really want to leave it until we arrive at the airport on a Sunday afternoon. Prices quoted at £80 but no indication of whether it's return or one-way! Does anyone have a contact number for the Thomas Cook reps in Stoupa or know them well enough to ask them to contact us? Thanks.

Level Contributor
102 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Travel from Kalamata airport to Stoupa

Google doufexis travel. The rep was cindy.

Get answers to your questions about Stoupa