We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Very good and very bad

Which Stoupa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bedford, United...
7 posts
Save Topic
Very good and very bad

Stoupa is a wonderful place, we have just returned to a dismal England. Beaches and food excellent , good supermarkets and very relaxing. The only negative about stoupa is been asked 10 times a day if you want a massage by a gang of Thai,s on the beach. Now the bad bit , we travelled with Olympic . Our outbound flight was,nt statejgic but small planet , we landed at preeveza to let some off and waited for some returning to uk to get on. As you can imagine this caused a fair delay . We were assured by our less than useless rep every thing would be ok on our return. Wrong 2 weeks later on the evening before our 8.30 departure we our told there is a eight hour delay. Luckily we can keep our Appartments ( some wer,nt ) . Again strategic had no planes and Titan airways flew us home,no critism here it was modern plane and a great flight . The fact that gatwick lost everyone's bags for a hour and that they were soaking wet when they arrived did not help our moods. We learnt that in the intermediate week again there had been no strategic plane but some Tunisian airline. Still stoupa is lovely !!!

Level Contributor
102 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Very good and very bad

Heard about this on zorbas. We fly with tc so hopefully it shold be fine. Sorry about your troubles. Yes i remember the tais. Glad you enjoyed it.

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
11,300 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Very good and very bad

Sorry to hear about that Gordon, it sounds like they didn't have enough people to fill a plane to Stoupa so they shared the aircraft with Parga clientele.

These masseurs seem to be getting everywhere in Greece, 2 years ago in Stoupa we had no problems, the same last year my wife had no problems. However, we went to Paleochora last May and because we and a few others were the only ones on the beach we got asked many times like yourself.

Also I recommeded Parga as a nice scenic place to a friend and she was continually asked by about 20 lookie lookie men doing a circuit of the beach. I was so horrified I post a thread about it on the Parga forum which ran for 50 pages lol.

I think Greece needs to sort this problem out if it gets over the top before some tourists say enough is enough and go elsewhere

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
11,300 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Very good and very bad

Sorry it's Gordana not Gordon

4. Re: Very good and very bad

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:42 am, June 21, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Stoupa
Recent Conversations