We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

stoupa transport

Which Stoupa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Newcastle, United...
7 posts
Save Topic
stoupa transport

There are no boat trips in Stoupa if so can you get a taxi to any of the near by towns,not to keen on car hire.

thanks

Windsor, United...
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
20,655 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: stoupa transport

Hi,

There are taxis and buses. The buses go north to Kalamata passing Kardamyli and south to Itilo. However, they are few and far between. I can certainly recommend visiting the likes of Exohori and Saidona, mountain villages close by.

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
262 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: stoupa transport

We have stayed in Stoupa three times and have had cars every time, the area is really quiet, and driving is easy, so don't discount car hire, there are lots of really traditional greek villages close by that are well worth a visit, you will enjoy Stoupa I am sure it is beautiful and the area is stunning.

Hope you have a great time.

Regards Peter

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
18 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: stoupa transport

Hi,Has anyone just enjoyed a holiday in Stoupa in the last month or so?If so could you tell me if hiring a car am i better doing it online or waiting till we are in Stoupa?Going in September on the 16th so getting ever closer!!Cheers Paul

colchester
Destination Expert
for Stoupa
Level Contributor
1,980 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: stoupa transport

My friend who has a house in the area always gets her car from Napoleon, it's on the way up to the bakery. They give her a very good deal and will pick up and return you to and from the airport if required, I believe that they are always open to a bit of negotiating on price too!

Edited: 7:31 am, July 06, 2012
Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
18 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: stoupa transport

Many thanks for your reply Nursecarol-Have always booked in resorts at Greece and have noticed in the last two years they have always been happy to take cash!Always open to a bit of negotiating ! Cheers Paul

colchester
Destination Expert
for Stoupa
Level Contributor
1,980 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: stoupa transport

Paul, where are you staying?

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
18 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: stoupa transport

Nursecarol we are staying at the Villa Kostas Hotel in Stoupa-

colchester
Destination Expert
for Stoupa
Level Contributor
1,980 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: stoupa transport

I've stayed in many places in Stoupa, but not there, but it looks nice, enjoy your trip!

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
18 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: stoupa transport

Thank you very much for your posts nursecarol! I'm sure that we will enjoy Stoupa as it is somewhere that i have wanted to visit for many years and we always ended up in a different part of Greece!But this year the dream will come true!Thanks again,Paul

colchester
Destination Expert
for Stoupa
Level Contributor
1,980 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: stoupa transport

Yes, I know how you feel, but after 8 visits, last one in May this year, I am going to try somewhere different in September, Panormos, a tiny, quite greek village in N.Crete. I have a friend who has been to Stoupa but now goes there, we will see!

Get answers to your questions about Stoupa
Recent Conversations