We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Expensive?

Essex
11 posts
Save Topic
Expensive?

Is it expensive to visit. I've read various reports which all differ. Recently visited Skiathos and that was expensive.........!

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
12,188 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Expensive?

Its nowhere near as expensive in Stoupe as Skiathos hope these to links help

last review was last May for stoupa

…forumsmotion.com/t572-greece-the-mainland-s…

…forumsmotion.com/t699-greece-island-of-skia…

hope it helps these were my views

Edited: 3:14 pm, June 24, 2011
Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
6,287 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Expensive?

The Greek Islands seem a lot more expensive than the main land. Stoupa seems reasonable compared to a lot of other places,

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
681 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Expensive?

"IS IT EXPENSIVE"?

We haven't been to Stoupa so can't be specific but we've been to Agistri for last two years (again in July!), prices haven't changed much in two years. It depends on what you're comparing it to.

colchester
Destination Expert
for Stoupa
Level Contributor
2,095 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Expensive?

I've been home from Stoupa for almost 3 weeks and I found the cost of meals and drinks (wine and beer) in restaurants very reasonably priced, but food in the supermarket is horrendously expensive, even the staples of bread and milk etc, I guess it evens out at the end of the day.

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
12,188 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Expensive?

I agree with carol, the meals and wine in Stoupa were very good value but with only one supermarket (well two but owners the same) food is dear. I have just come back from Crete picking a lesser known resort and food was good value there and supermarkets a bit cheaper than Stoupa.

So Another comparison for you

…forumsmotion.com/t2762-greece-island-of-cre…

It appears, once the big tour companies move in, the places become popular and the dearer the things become. Parga on the mainland is dearer than Stoupa and the popular Islands like Skiathos also are dear

hope it helps

Edited: 4:02 am, June 25, 2011
Essex
11 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Expensive?

nursecarol,

Thank you for your comments on Stoupa. Supermarket prices in Skaithos are also high with prices in restaurants half a litre of wine - 5 euros, kleftiko could be anywhere from 7 euros to 14 depending on whether u ate in town or not. How does that compare in your opinion? Also, can you recommend accomodation and a tour op.

Thanx

Essex
11 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Expensive?

Delboy - Have visited Crete,Rhodes, Zante, Lindos, Kos,Skiathos and now need a break from the Islands as such with a good base for traveling out.

You would recommend Stoupa why?

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
12,188 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Expensive?

Not sure if you read my review on Stoupa above but My wife and I just find the place nice and quiet (not rowdy but we did go late May last year). For us it has the right number of restaurants to choose from and the prices are reasonable. The most expensive meal we had was steak and chips 10/11 euro's and wine sold by the 1/2 litre for 3 euro's. Both beaches are of nice sand and restaurants are at the edges for lunch. Chairbeds and brollies at 7 euro's are reasonable in price.

Although as Carol says the supermarket is a bit pricey, we only make breakfast ourselves. In the past, we have not usually gone back to same places but just recently we decided to return to a couple of them, Stoupa was the first we picked. Other places in Greece we have been to are Lesbos,Skiathos,Parga,Crete (Panormos and Paleochora).

If you like, I have two photos of menus taken in Stoupa May 2010 and will add them to the review later today. I have many pictures I can also add but Mrs DB says I should keep my reviews short lol.

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
12,188 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Expensive?

Sorry and Corfu

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
12,188 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Expensive?

Hi Skosbunny

I have added more pictures for you, on the review of Stoupa above, which include two showing the average menu prices. I hope it gives you more of an idea of the place. Of course holidays are an individual choice and may not suit your needs, but for us, the place is perfect

Get answers to your questions about Stoupa