We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aiolos or George's Apartments

Surrey
Level Contributor
96 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Aiolos or George's Apartments

Hi,

We (family of 2 adults & 2 children 17 & 14) are looking at 2 weeks in mid August in Stoupa and are torn between the above apartments, looking for plus's and minus's for each.

Any help you can give us would be really helpful, for example location in the resort and access etc.

Thanks in advance.

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
14,484 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aiolos or George's Apartments

There are 4 reviews on the George and 5 reviews on the Aiolos, to see them click on Stoupa hotels top left of the page and then click on speciality lodgings inside Property type box. Not sure where the Aiolos is but George Apps are on the left in a side road about 150yds from the main town beach, fairly central to the town.

I have not stayed in either so can't really help on accom but others may come

and add some more

Edited: 1:41 pm, January 15, 2011
Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
14,484 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aiolos or George's Apartments

Having just looked at the photos on the review of the Aiolos app/hotel, I believe

I saw it last time I was there, just passed the Kalogoria Beach. If so, you would have a small walk (1/2 mile) to the town but nearer the Kalogria beach.

Edited: 4:44 pm, January 15, 2011
Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Peloponnese, Athens
Level Contributor
12,107 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aiolos or George's Apartments

Georges is more central ( I assume you mean the one with Manos, there is another Georges apts), great place & Maria the owner is very popular with the guests. A few minutes walk (no hill) from the main seafront.

Aiolos is a little newer, but bear in mind that the pool closes for siesta time. Delboy is right, it is just past Kalogria beach, quite an uphill walk from the town beach & main seafront with the tavernas & shops.

Out of the two, I would go for Georges every time. Both will be busy in August.

Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Peloponnese, Athens
Level Contributor
12,107 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aiolos or George's Apartments

Here's some photos of Stoupa taken over the last ten years or so, including some at Georges (also spanning a number of years!),

flickr.com/photos/…

Wales
Level Contributor
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Aiolos or George's Apartments

I went to Georges 2yrs ago and would go there again any time, very good accommodation, very friendly, great swimming pool with a bar snack bar next to the pool, and it is just up from the supermarket so you don`t have to walk far,

I went with my husband and 2 children 13+15

middx
Level Contributor
426 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Aiolos or George's Apartments

Hi, you will love Stoupa/Kallogria i'm sure, have a feeling that i have read somewhere that Aiolos is adults only, but please check or i'm sure someone will correct me or know for sure. Mari

Surrey
Level Contributor
96 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Aiolos or George's Apartments

Wow,

Thanks for your replys (great pics Yiassas) sounds like our choice of George's is a good one.

We have decided to book direct with Maria (slightly more expensive) as she can get us all in one apartment rather than two studios through Thomas Cook.

Looking forward to it already !

I'm sure there will be more questions to follow

Cheers for now

Ade

Glastonbury
Level Contributor
36 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Aiolos or George's Apartments

We're thinking of going to Stoupa in September. The Aiolos Hotel appts. & the Hotel Stoupa both get good reviews, but I don't think the latter has a pool? We won't have kids with us so can choose somewhere quieter. Does anyone know what the weather's like in Sept? The price goes down a lot from 18th Sept, but is it warm enough to lounge around on the beach & swim? I just want to eat, sleep, snorkel & read, basically, although might take a couple of boat trips, or hire a car, so any further info.on these would be welcome. We went to Pylos in the Peloponnese a few years ago, & liked the absence of "chips with everything" & tattoo'd lager louts who have infested the islands. The Scandinavians have discovered this area in a big way & I can see why!

colchester
Destination Expert
for Stoupa
Level Contributor
2,283 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Aiolos or George's Apartments

Mid September is usually lovely and warm, and the sea is perfect for swimming too. Stoupa Hotel doesn't have a pool, Aoilos does but is probably in a higher price bracket. I have been to Stoupa in May and September for the last 6 years but have yet to encounter a boat trip, I wish that I had.

Glastonbury
Level Contributor
36 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Aiolos or George's Apartments

Thanks Nursecarol, we'll probably book the Hotel Stoupa then, & I'll report back if we find a boat trip. Never been to Greece without loads of little cruises out from the coast being available, but maybe Stoupa's different, in which case I'll just do a bit more snorkelling, reading, eating etc. I think I'll cope quite well!

Get answers to your questions about Stoupa