We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2019 visitors

Bury, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,390 posts
137 reviews
134 helpful votes
2019 visitors

Hi

Interested to find out who has booked for next year.

Where they are staying, why they chose their accommodation.

If they are new to Stoupa or regulars like myself. (Will be my 5th visit)

The first year we stayed at the Hotel Stoupa for a week. Lovely hotel but not suitable for us now with a young family.

Have stayed in a villa since then booked direct with the owner. Much better for us as we like the privacy and relaxation away from the daytime beach crowds but still fairly close for evening.

34 replies to this topic
Coventry, England...
Level Contributor
276 posts
90 reviews
44 helpful votes
1. Re: 2019 visitors

Hi TB. We are going June next year. Have got flight booked but not accommodation yet. 8th time for us. We have stopped in different places, only twice on package, prefer to book with owners too. Think we will go to same place as the last 2 years as it suits us being an apartment with more room.

We stay not too far away from front as hubby cannot walk too far up hill with his hip but we like to stroll in in the evening.

Level Contributor
33 posts
2. Re: 2019 visitors

3rd visit for us next September staying at Villa Kostas. All we want is somewhere to sleep and shower as we’re hardly ever in.

The best bit of all our holidays is the food and I don’t think we’ve had better quality anywhere we’ve been in Greece.

Looking forward to it, our last visit was the year of the storm when we woke up to see cars in the sea!

We like to try other places in Greece but every few years we revisit a favourite. This year was our first visit to Skala in Kefalonia and I know it’s very popular and while we had a lovely holiday and saw quite a bit of the island, we wouldn’t go back to that particular resort. It was just missing that special something.

Coventry, England...
Level Contributor
276 posts
90 reviews
44 helpful votes
3. Re: 2019 visitors

Tracey, one of those cars was ours!

Level Contributor
33 posts
4. Re: 2019 visitors

Beryl, oh no!!! Hope you managed to sort everything out. The storm was unbelievable really, I’ve never seen anything like it. It was amazing how quickly things got back to normal though.

The plus side to it was that we discovered Dionysus that night of the storm as it was the closest to our apartments and it’s now one of our favourites.

Radcliffe, United...
Destination Expert
for Skiathos
Level Contributor
1,275 posts
92 reviews
70 helpful votes
5. Re: 2019 visitors

Like you TB we stayed at the Stoupa hote on a package the 1st time, then we then stayed in AgNik for 4 nights on a tour that we organised ourselves and included Monemvasia and Nafplio.

The 3rd visit was at the same villas as TB uses for a fortnight but with a 2 night break in the middle to Nafplio.

The last 2 years we have stayed at the Lefktron hotel as its central and the villa was a bit of a hike if I wanted to have a drink. We always go to Stoupa as part of a tour which for the last 2 years included Nafplio and Methoni.

Not booked for next year yet as we are waiting for Easy Jet to release the flights as we fly to Athens although we are looking at Aegean as the flight times are better for on ward travel to the Peloponnese.

Aberdare
Level Contributor
193 posts
51 reviews
32 helpful votes
6. Re: 2019 visitors

Just back from a fabulous three weeks at Villa Kosta. Like to thank Kostas, Angela, Kristos, Andy. For giving us a lovely stay as always. They bend over backwards to make your stay a lovely one. Got the blue,s now. Especially with this weather we are having. Never mind only 343 days approx until we land back at Kalamata again. Way hay. 1st September 2019 can't come quick enough. Three weeks of bliss. Weather really warm here in the valleys of Wales today 28 C.? 14c in the morning and 14c in the afternoon. 👍😎🐑🐑. Villa Kosta here we come. Starting the dreaded diet tomorrow. To get off the 13lbs I put on.🍽🍺🥞🌮🍟🍗🍆🍇🍷🍷. P.s. Sat here here with the very painful Planter Fasciits , caused by walking around in Stoupa bare foot. Never mind Stoupa is worth the pain . Looking forward to meeting all old friends in 2019. Love you all . Fat Billy but next year slim snake 🐍 hips Billy.👍😎🐑🐑🐑

Rhuddlan, United...
13 posts
7. Re: 2019 visitors

First time for me. Booking kleopatra as solo traveller going 2nd June 2019

South Wales, United...
Level Contributor
284 posts
40 reviews
28 helpful votes
8. Re: 2019 visitors

2nd visit for us kleopatra in July /August

North Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
1,191 posts
239 reviews
164 helpful votes
9. Re: 2019 visitors

Have just been in my first solo island hopping adventure.....besotted by lovely Lipsi and will be heading there again in 2019. Not a single sunbed in sight!

However Stoupa stil reigns supreme for consistently great food so I'm sure I'll be back off season at some point!

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
10 posts
40 reviews
25 helpful votes
10. Re: 2019 visitors

HI, this year went in August with my daughter, it was very busy but expected that. We stayed at Villa Kosta again, 4th time there, such a brilliant location, and wonderful family. We have booked for 2019, Villa Kosta again but late September net time with my hubby.. Hopefully quieter.We are on the late TC flight so hope there's a coach.

It was the first time my daughter had visited Stoupa and she said she is definitely going back again, it just gets under your skin!!

Reply to: 2019 visitors
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Stoupa