We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

End of term report

Essex
Level Contributor
312 posts
22 reviews
27 helpful votes
End of term report

It's coming to the end of the season and the forum has been busy during the year with 1st timers going to Stoupa, repeat offenders like myself and people going independent as well as package style. I'd be interested to hear how you would all rate your holiday out of 10. Personally, I'd give my trip a 9 which is a very respectable score.

I'm guessing that most scores will be similar but would be interested to hear on low ratings and their reasons why.

14 replies to this topic
Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
5,968 posts
1. Re: End of term report

the problem is the way most people (usually one time psoters) use this site..they use it to take all the info but never bother to come back and report..the other chance they will use it is if they have something to complain about..they may have dozens of great holidays but they will only comment on something they do not like..this is mine and many other greek forum regulars observation..it is just the nature of people

Merseyside, United...
Level Contributor
171 posts
64 reviews
82 helpful votes
2. Re: End of term report

In response to both previous posts, I'm not quite sure how anyone could read this forum and think it's predominantly negative. There may be the odd grumble, but generally, this is a celebration of all things "Stoupa". As for our end of season comments, things were as wonderful as ever. We stayed at Angela's, high season, which was, again, a delight. Stoupa was thriving, but we never had to wait for a table, even at Agrokiali. Prices everywhere still offered fantastic value. (We have been lucky enough to also visit Parga and W Crete this year and both were much more expensive than Stoupa) All in all, A*, yet again!

Edited: 12:32 pm, September 17, 2018
Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
5,968 posts
3. Re: End of term report

i am not saying this specific forum of stoupa is negative...i am saying that many-most people (in the greek forums,generally ) who ask for advice do not bother to give feedback after their holiday..usually one time posters will post here after their holiday only when they have a complaint.

Edited: 12:48 pm, September 17, 2018
London, United...
Level Contributor
66 posts
5 reviews
3 helpful votes
4. Re: End of term report

I did! I’ve not been to the Peloponnese area before so am gathering info so eagerly waiting for more Stoupa reports to see if its for us. We to Parga and Lefkada this August. Lefkada was amazing but Parga was far too touristy in August for our liking but very beautiful. Looking for the next Greece delight now so keep those reports positive and negative rolling in 🇬🇷😁

Kettering, United...
Level Contributor
56 posts
25 reviews
17 helpful votes
5. Re: End of term report

Stoupa... A high 9-10 every time. As u can probably tell from my posts I do love the Peloponnese, but the people in stoupa make it so special every time. I don't find accommodation varies very much (I view it as somewhere to enjoy a glass of something cold after the beach, and to sleep in), but the sheer beauty of the area, the amazing value, the friendliness, and the laid back atmosphere make it a delight to return to any time of the year. Roll on next year!

London, United...
Level Contributor
66 posts
5 reviews
3 helpful votes
6. Re: End of term report

Peacefsmily you seem to have been to Stoupa a fair amount. What time of year do you visit? Do you find it busy? We have to go in August, last two weeks so thinking it would be too busy for us. Is it mainly Greeks who visit? Thanks for nay help.

whitstable
Level Contributor
128 posts
34 reviews
31 helpful votes
7. Re: End of term report

Will be there in less than a week

Been returning at least once a year for 20 years

There have obviously been changes during that time, mainly for the better, but I have felt a bit of a sea change over the past few years

I am interested to see how things are this year and will report back in October

Essex, United...
Level Contributor
233 posts
1 review
8. Re: End of term report

Hi MickeyDonut this year August was busy and of course as you would expect a high proportion of Greeks, however the Tavernas were not particularlily busy in fact ithey seem to be busier this month. Katerinas Supermarket in August was extremely busy and most times all three checkouts were being used as many visitors appeared to be eating in their accommodation.

As for marks out of 10 I would give Stoupa 8.5 but Agios Nikoloas 11 out of 10 of an evening as it was buzzing and love the choice of Tavernas by the harbour when the road closes. Agios Nikoloas is still a working village and has a typical Greek atmosphere and heart whereas Stoupa is purely a holiday resort but still enjoyable.

Kettering, United...
Level Contributor
56 posts
25 reviews
17 helpful votes
9. Re: End of term report

Hi MickyDonut, we are lucky enough to have been a fair few times! We have been several times in the main summer season (I'm a teacher so restricted to school holidays).. While the beach always looks busy a large proportion of the sun beds are empty, and u can stroll down to the beach and get a bed at any time of day. Stoupa definitely quietens down after 15 Aug as most of the Greek visitors go home after the large festival of the assumption.

We have also been a few times in late October and it is a fabulous time to visit... The beach is empty, and the weather is still decent.

Whatever time you go, you will find very friendly locals, a chilled out atmosphere, crystal clear sea perfect for snorkeling, amazing value for money tavernas... and you will leave a piece of your heart there!! Hope you enjoy it.

Bury, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,393 posts
137 reviews
134 helpful votes
10. Re: End of term report

Another teacher here.

We go the first 2 weeks of the summer holidays.

I’d call it comfortably busy. Apart from Kalogria. But enough been said about the subbed situation there already.

Restaurants buzzing but not overly busy. Only 2 places we’d have to wait for tables (Akrogiali and Ammos)

Not as busy as when we went to Parga the start of July a few years back.

Missed this year. But booked to go back for 2019.

Been enjoying reading everyone’s experiences. Sounds like it’s not changed much. Apart from chill factor not being there.

Reply to: End of term report
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Stoupa