We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disability Scooter

Helensburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
207 reviews
Disability Scooter

Are they practical for use in Stoupa and if so, is there a place that they can be hired?

4 replies to this topic
Selby, United...
Level Contributor
41 posts
28 reviews
1. Re: Disability Scooter

We were there beginning of June only saw one while we were there and that was a small one that can be folded down and put in a car boot haven't seen anywhere you could hire them from.

Aberdare
Level Contributor
193 posts
51 reviews
2. Re: Disability Scooter

Never seen mobility scooter,s for hire in many years of going to Stoupa. Greece is not as clued up as UK for disabled people. I have struggled on crutches in Stoupa let alone a scooter. The main front by beach is flat with long pavement but has horrendous dips every so often to let flood water escape in winter or if they have a heavy storm. Be very careful if try. They try in middle of beach with a ply board ramp but it's not very good and doesn't last for long.As for the village not many pavement,s at all. Top main road has long pavement but high kerbs. Don't stop this from you going it's a Wonderful place and the people are marvellous and will help you as much as they can. I can vouch for that. Best of luck.🛵🙂.

Helensburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
207 reviews
3. Re: Disability Scooter

Thanks all.

Was asking on behalf of my dad and stepmum who were regular visitors to Stoupa however, ill health has meant that getting around is a bit more problematic and a mobility scooter may have been the answer.

2 posts
4. Re: Disability Scooter

Dear Peter,

We love Stoupa and have been many times, but sadly my husband now has severe mobility problems and access to the beach is difficult as your Dad will know, due to steps down. However, I would recommend you taking your own mobility scooter as it works really well, particularly through the airport. Usually you can stay on the scooter right through to the plane, when you get on the ambulift (there is one at Kalamata now I believe). Stoupa would be ok on a scooter (obviously the usual uneven pavements are a bit bumpy and you would need to watch the cars on the beach road) - drop kerbs are not frequent, but with common sense, I think it would be fine. You could also do the coastal path (car free) to Ag Nik (or part way there, depending on the battery life). Car hire would be good to visit the mountain villages and Kardamyli, as long as you get a small hatch back, a portable scooter would fit fine. The only reason we don't go back and take the scooter is because my husband can't manage the steps down to the beach. If you would like some ideas on other places in Greece which are suitable, which we have been to, let me know.

Reply to: Disability Scooter
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Stoupa
Recent Conversations