We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Sea Port in Kalibo ?

Boracay, Philippines
Level Contributor
283 posts
Save Topic
New Sea Port in Kalibo ?

Today in Panay News:

< The Philippine Ports Authority (PPA) is planning to build a new sea port facility near the Kalibo International Airport, revealed Mayor Raymar Rebaldo.

Rebaldo said PPA personnel visited his office on Tuesday and discussed plans of putting up a new sea port facility to provide tourists an alternative route from the airport to Boracay Island.

“The PPA sees it as a convenient and faster way to transport tourists to Boracay Island if they pass through the sea. In the same way, it is expected that tourists will enjoy the scenery of the coastline areas of the province of Aklan,” he said.

The PPA reportedly plans to build the sea port facility in Brgy. Pook.

It was learned that a sea craft company has already expressed intent to operate a vessel bound for Boracay Island from the airport and vice versa. >

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,348 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: New Sea Port in Kalibo ?

I wonder how long that trip will take. I imagine it will be fast crafts of one sort or another. Maybe 2 1/2 hours plus...

boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: New Sea Port in Kalibo ?

I can't see it being faster by sea than overland. More convenient perhaps, if the boat goes straight to Boracay.

13. Re: New Sea Port in Kalibo ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, July 25, 2013