We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

restaurants

Which Altea hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
south london
Level Contributor
7 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
restaurants

Could anyone tell me of any restaurants other than stromboli and the swiss restaurant up near the church in altea that cater for children we are going back in april they will eat chicken fish and steaks but we would like to try any others up there through recommendation.. also looking for a decent chinese the one behind the Kactus Albir was cheap but was not that keen on it.staying in an apartment near cats whiska in albir.

would like to know of any other restaurants in albir that could be recommended.many thanks.

UK
Level Contributor
143 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: restaurants

We just got back from a stay in Altea last night. We don't have children, but I am sure that Oustau in Calle Mayor virtually opposite Stromboli would do all they could to help you.

We ate there twice, and were treated like regular locals on our 2nd visit.....we would definitely have been back again if we had been staying longer. My Mum eats like a sparrow, and they happily served her a starter as a main course, so I'm guessing that they would do small portions for a child. there were definitely both fish and steaks on the menu.

Enjoy Altea - it's a beautiful town.

south london
Level Contributor
7 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: restaurants

Thankyou for your information on the Oustau restaurant in Altea .I am very greatful.Are you a regular visitor to Altea? and if so any recommendations for the area sightseeing days out and any other info.My father has just bought an apartment there so generally we do not know the area very well yet. many thanks.

UK
Level Contributor
143 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: restaurants

No, not a regular. This was our first trip - 3 full days with elderly parents, so took things quite easy.

We went along the coast for two of the days and inland on the other day. The inland route was particularly beautiful, although very twisty. We got a book from the library which was walks and drives in the area - I am sorry but cannot remember it's name, but it would be worth looking out for.

Which part of Altea is the apartment in?

south london
Level Contributor
7 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: restaurants

Thankyou for your email. The apartment is in between albir and altea two minutes from the seafront .It is a lovely walk to the marina where all the local restaurants along the front are.

devon
Level Contributor
969 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: restaurants

Hi,

My dad lives in Altea and we visit quite often, there are lots of restaurants on the front which do a varity of food, and most of them are reasonable in price. There are also a couple of chinese restaurants too. As for things to do, you could get a train (providing the track is now up and running again) and go to calpe for the day, or alternatively benidorm, in both places you can go on boat trips, the blanket trip is also a good one to go on, plus you have quadalest which is nice. :-)

south london
Level Contributor
7 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: restaurants

Hi Thanks for your email we were out there in August My dad has bought a car and we visited calpe in it but we also got a bus to benidorm .Have you been to terra mitica as i heard there are not many rides for young children.We have visited Altea market and calpe market as well. I do like traditional restaurants but we have got fussy children you dont know if there are any restaurants that are english in Altea or Albir? Many thanks

devon
Level Contributor
969 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: restaurants

Hi,

I myself have not been to terra mitica but my daughter has and she wasnt all that keen, from what I understand there is another new place called Terra Natura which is right next door, and that has a water park/animals etc, not sure about any rides and its meant to be really good...we are planning on going there when we go out in July.

As for restuarants in Altea, most of the ones on the front do english food to an extent...ie steak, chicken, spaghetti etc.

Hope this helps :-)

south london
Level Contributor
7 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: restaurants

Hi,

Thankyou for all your information i have looked at the leaflets for terra mitica and the rides look like they are for older childrens/adults that is why i enquired.

Many thanks for your help if you do have anymore info about Altea i would be very greatful. We will be there in April and August.

Wales
Level Contributor
203 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: restaurants

Hi there,

I dont know much about Altea really, i have a holiday home in Calpe, just up the coast.

I have been to terra mitica twice and they have a section of the park which is just for children with scaled down versions of the bigger rides and also moving swings and other amusements. This area is not large but with all of the other shows that they have on throughout the day it is enough to keep children occupied, It will be too quiet up there in April but August will be great.

Terra Natura is good fun too, this would be better in April as you can take your time going around the park. This is more a wildlife park and the wtaer park will not be open in April.

You could also try Mundomar and Aqualandia in Benidorm, these parks are easy to get to from Altea as they are on the Albir side of Benidorm. Aqualandia has loads of things for smaller children and children of all ages !!

In august the 'fonts of algar' will be nice too, these are ice cold pools and waterfalls which you can swim in and are just outside altea.

Look out for discount vouchers in the airport and the bars, especially for terra mitica as without them it can be expensive for a family to get in,.

Have fun !

south london
Level Contributor
7 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: restaurants

hi there,

Thankyou very much for your useful information, we did go to Aqualandia last August on our first visit to the area but when you say too quiet in April at Terra Mitica could you say why as i thought it might be too hot to queue in August is there not alot open then?

Have heard Terra Mitica can be very expensive if you dont get offers, someone told me to look at Bimbo bread and local papers, there are five of us.Many thanks for your help enjoyed a good day at Calpe market when we was last over.

Many thanks.

Get answers to your questions about Altea
More Altea Topics