We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunbed problems !!!

Which Kos Town hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
sunderland,england
Level Contributor
43 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Sunbed problems !!!

Hi,

My wife and I will be visiting the blue lagoon resort in september I am a bit worried about people putting towels on the beds to reserve them by the pools . Does this happen at all the pools , will the adults only pool be any better ?

Also what are the sunbeds like at the beach and how much do they cost per day ?

thanks for any info

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Tigaki
Level Contributor
1,344 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunbed problems !!!

Last year in Kos the price for 2 sunbeds and a parasol was 6 euros.

Much Wenlock...
Level Contributor
10 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunbed problems !!!

2 sunbeds on the beach in early July 2012 cost 5 euros with 2 bottles of water and an umbrella.

Have an amazing time :)

Pontefract, United...
Destination Expert
for Kos
Level Contributor
1,130 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunbed problems !!!

A friend of ours just gone home from blue lagoon and he had to get up at 5am to reserve beds and he says that their were loads of people putting towels on the beds if you left it any later no chance of a bed

Kos
Level Contributor
1,959 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunbed problems !!!

The Policy in all large hotels is that sunbeds are not allowed to be reserved in this manner, so if I were you and you go down for a sunbed and no one is on the sunbed only two towells, gently remove them and when the people arrived explain the situation to them nicely...first come first served, am pretty sure the Hotel management will back you up....if in doubt ask the Hotel first what their policy is. This awful habit has to be broken...its just not fair, who the hell wants to get up at 5am to reserve a sun bed..and then they dont come down til 11 am or 12.....

sunderland,england
Level Contributor
43 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunbed problems !!!

Thanks for your replies, i will not be getting up at 5am lol , I'll get the wife up instead

Pontefract, United...
Destination Expert
for Kos
Level Contributor
1,130 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sunbed problems !!!

Yes I agree Christine were we are staying all beds go about 9am and we like a ride off in the morning so pay for the soft mattress at the hotel, and we are the only people who pay so always our beds waiting for the first three days no beds for us and loads of towels sunbathing no people on them or about the hotel but all the towels are getting a beautiful suntan

Edited: 4:26 pm, August 24, 2012
7. Re: Sunbed problems !!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, August 26, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Kos Town
Recent Conversations