We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Hire - Kos Town

Liverpool
Level Contributor
89 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Car Hire - Kos Town

Hi

I am going to Kos Town staying in a hotel out of the main bit. We quite like to explore and have looked at hiring a car for a few days and have been quoted crazy prices of £1000. Then another place £50/day. Does anybody know any cheap car hire?

We just want to find some beaches out of the hustle and bustle, and also explore and see the island. Ive read threads in another part of the island where people talk about hiring bikes, we love cycling but not on busy roads.

Also I went about 10 years ago and went to some natural hot springs but no idea where!!

kent
Level Contributor
441 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Hire - Kos Town

Yep those car hire prices are nonsense!

I can't help for prices in Kos town, but where we stay you're looking at around 230 euro a week! I'm certain you can better that if you look locally, and better informed people than I are bound to help you there. Just make sure that you have good insurance to go with it though, we were offered car hire at 16 euro a day this year, but didn't trust it at all. Don't forget....If it looks too good to be true....then it probably is!

Wolverhampton
Level Contributor
6 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Hire - Kos Town

We used Autoway in Kos town. Got a reasonable deal went for a nice car Fiat 500. It's a local company and the owner is extremely helpful and trustworthy. He spent about 30mins recommending us places to eat, to visit and parking also about local driving which was useful. I would really recommend this company! I think there's a website which shows the location if you type it into google. Have a great time!

The thermos place is just past Agios Fokas, when you rent a car they'll usually show you where and give you a map. We went to Mastihari and Marmari beach both were quite nice. Also if you're looking for some places to visit try Pyli (follow signs for Pyli old town) which is an old abandoned village and castle which is beautiful (quite a walk though!), platani is good for food, zia is really pretty, and there's ruins etc right in Kos town.

Have a great time!

3. Re: Car Hire - Kos Town

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, June 23, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Kos Town
Recent Conversations