We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bar and general recommendations

Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
12,422 posts
230 reviews
Bar and general recommendations

Hi there

I am off to Kos Town on Thursday with a friend for a girlie few days ( both in our late 40s/50s) can anyone recommend a good chill out type bar where we can sit and watch the world go by after our evening meal??? We are staying in Lydia Apartments which is in Lampi.

We wont be hiring a car so will be using the buses so is there any where that is a "must see".. we both like history :-)

Thank you

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
338 reviews
1. Re: Bar and general recommendations

Hi MG

Must sees for me would be Kos Town itself, lots of history to see, the Asklepion which is south of the town ( easily reached by the Happy Train) and the Asfendiou villages, which sit on the mountainsides to the northeast of the island.

There are buses from Kos Town to Zia, the prettiest of the villages, but they are a bit thin on the ground, departing Kos Town at 0700, 0840 and 1300, with ones back at 0730, 0900, 1330 and 1600, none on Sunday however. So, if you took the 1300 and returned on the 1600, you'd have a good couple of hours to have a wander.

There's an enormous, ruined Knights of St John castle close to Andimahia - there are buses to the town but you'd have to either walk or take a taxi from the town. You could ask the driver to set you down at the turning for the castle which would lessen the walk but it'd still be about 2,5 kms each way.

Local buses run from Kos Town to the hot springs at Embros Thermae, that's worth a couple of hours

Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
12,422 posts
230 reviews
2. Re: Bar and general recommendations

Thank you GB for your informative post as always......have printed it out and in the suitcase ready for Thursday :-)

Hampshire, United...
Level Contributor
846 posts
107 reviews
3. Re: Bar and general recommendations

Thanks for this information I also have it printed ready for my October visit. For a traditional Greek night with music, dancing and good food I believe someone mentioned a mountain trip. Can anyone give me info on this please? It sounds worth doing.

Pontefract, United...
Destination Expert
for Kos
Level Contributor
1,217 posts
29 reviews
4. Re: Bar and general recommendations

just ask zakis or his wife mary at the pool bar they will guide you well say hi from keith and paula and sorry for not saying goodbye last week but see you next year

5. Re: Bar and general recommendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, October 19, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Kos Town
Recent Conversations