We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kos with 15 month old August

3 posts
Save Topic
Kos with 15 month old August

Hi there

I'm a teacher do can only have school hols off I wondered whether u think it will ve too hot at start of august for our will be 15.5 month old? Also how have your little ones managed with flights?? Is it 4 ish hours? We are looking at the blue lagoon would this berecommrnfed?? Looking forward to reading your replies!

Mands x

Tenterden, United...
Level Contributor
2,355 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kos with 15 month old August

It will be quite hot in August so you would probably do well to ensure you stay somewhere with aircon. Our first trip to Kos (Tigaki) with our 16 mth g/son was in early June but it was a very hot one with temps of 30-34C without aircon but he didn't seem to mind. We tried him with food from our plates so that he could get used to different tastes, his favourite being gigantes (giant beans). He also loved the pool. It was a while ago but I cannot remember him being an problem, we gave him a feeding cup to suck on take off to elleviate ear pressure and he slept most of the journey. Hope this helps.

Edited: 5:33 am, February 25, 2011
Tenterden, United...
Level Contributor
2,355 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kos with 15 month old August

I should also have said that the flight is around 4 hours. The Greek people love children do your little one would have a lovely time.

Edited: 5:37 am, February 25, 2011
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Tigaki
Level Contributor
1,349 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kos with 15 month old August

August will be very hot and also very busy. You would definitely need aircon. Could you go in the half term instead?

Kos is a lovely friendly island where children are made very welcome.

3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Kos with 15 month old August

Unfortunately half term is a no go as ita exam time solots of work to do! Hopefully we wilve fine as I wouldn't stay without air con anyway... Anyone recommend hotels in pslidi or lambi area??

Hornchurch, United...
Level Contributor
518 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kos with 15 month old August

We were at the Blue Lagoon 4-18 August last year and it was 43 degrees every day. Our kids were flagging a bit, us even more. I think it might be too much for a baby as they dont understand why its so hot and they cant really go in the sun much anyway. We are back to Menorca this August where its much more bearable!

6. Re: Kos with 15 month old August

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 am, October 23, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Kos Town
Recent Conversations