We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eating out

Which Kos Town hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
74 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Eating out

Going to lambi in August can anyone give me advice on where to eat out, last visited Kos, Lambi in 2004, so iI expect lots of changes

Manchester UK
Level Contributor
44 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Eating out

Hi , you are right to expect lots of changes ! It is very quiet in lambi due to the all inclusive culture ! But still some excellent places to eat and drink ! Try taverna mikes , excellent food ! And also try the small place facing the fire station , again excellent greek food ! Call in delon bar for a drink , kostas is a good friend of ours ! Even though he is struggling he is determined not to be driven out of business ! Enjoy !

Blyth, United...
Level Contributor
201 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Eating out

i agree with the small place near the firestation went on our last night wished it had been sooner lots of little bars on that main road on way to kos town try a few you wont be disapionted and they all sell food call into george's garden get a great welcome cant miss it we go on the 21st cant wait when do you go enjoy your hols

christine

Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Eating out

Good thing in Kos everything is near!Taverna Ampavris is not that far from Lambi,about 15 min.Very known by the locals not so known by tourists,because it's not in a touristic area.You'll be sitting in the courtyard of a 130 yrs old farmhouse,the food is excellent !(Traditional specialties from the island)and great service.They have dishes you wont find in other restaurants,and very decent priced.I def. recommend this restaurant to all my friends,if you like the real deal of experiencing Greek kitchen then this is a must-do!You wont regret,I promise.:)

Edited: 12:44 pm, July 17, 2010
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
74 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Eating out

thanks for al of your input so far, can't wait looking forward to seeing George & Dimi when we get there.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
74 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Eating out

blythchris - We go the 14th for 2 weeks, never know might see you in Georges

Edited: 1:07 pm, July 17, 2010
wolverhampton
Level Contributor
134 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Eating out

we are going out on the 11th august on the 12th we will be sitting enjoying drinks outside extra cushion put behind your back just to make sure you are comfy hope to see you in geogre gardens best wishes diane

Blyth, United...
Level Contributor
201 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Eating out

we leave kos 4th augs enjoy jour hols

Sandefjord, Norway
Level Contributor
37 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Eating out

Don''t agree about the food at Mikes Taverna. That's average. And for Mike himself, an arrogant guy who wan't let customers decide what to eat! I wanted a greek salad, but he said it was to BIG for me! Why can't they make a smaller portion then! So I had gyros there instead, cos he said that was so good! Well., I have tasted much better gyros other places. And what about the TV he insists keeping switched on! Who is that for? The customers didn't watch, only himself! Stay away from that place is my advice!

Zlin, Czech Republic
Level Contributor
2 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Eating out

It is a bit walk from Lambi (15-25 minutes depends on exact position in Lambi), but I highly recommend visiting of Taverna Village in Kos Town. Lot of locals are going there, and the staff is fantastic. On the traffic lights at the old Marina, go straight up and it is located at the second crossroad. (streets Megalou Alexandrou x K.Verroupolou)

Traditional and international food, at the beginning a glass of cold Ouzo on the house, and after you pay the bill, something delight (cake or watermelon or any fruit) again on the house. Together with good prices (Gyros for 6,6 E) and fantastic staff.

Manchester UK
Level Contributor
44 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Eating out

I really must disagree with the comments about Mike from Taverna Mikes ! We have been to this restaurant around 30 times and never had a problem or had a bad meal ! good fresh food at a reasonable price. We have never been pressured into choosing things from the menu, and he always gives us good advice about the produce !

Arrogant ? no chance ! he is running a business in a very quiet and struggling area so he cannot afford to drive customers away ! last time we was there one of our party fell ill ! he stopped what he was doing and took her back to the hotel in his car ! this was greatly appreciated.

you are welcome to leave your comments ! that is what the forum is all about but i felt i had to give my opinion !! you must of caught him on a bad day !!

Get answers to your questions about Kos Town