We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

atm machines

liverpool
Level Contributor
153 posts
87 reviews
Save Topic
atm machines

Has anyone used an atm machine to withdraw money in kos town and were they chargeda fee?

Nationwide say that they dont charge but the bank from where you are making the withdrawl may charge.

Thanks

Dave

Kidderminster...
Level Contributor
839 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: atm machines

Hi Dave,

I used my Nationwide flex account card to withdraw money at atm in October and wasn't charged fee, also got better exchange rate than buying euros at home.

There are lots of atms down by the harbour, but also in surrounding streets so you shouldn't have any prob finding one! I used the one by Kos Aktis Hotel as we were staying at the Philippion (between harbour and marina), and also one by the harbour, I think outside Pireus bank.

Hope you have a great time.

Nic :-)

northumberland
Level Contributor
65 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: atm machines

Hi Dave

I always use my nationwide flexi card when on holiday never been charged and get a better exchane rate took it to turkey on a day trip from kos got lira to spend there no bother at all, would never go back to travellers cheques and never take cash only enough to see us through the first day. we were nervous the first time going with just a card but it was fine, just go for it and enjoy your holiday with no hassle

christine

Plymouth, United...
Destination Expert
for Tigaki
Level Contributor
5,582 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: atm machines

There is NO charge for withdrawals with a nationwide flex account when within the EU. once out side of the EU though, they charge 1%.

BOB.

Ireland
Level Contributor
344 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: atm machines

Hi

Can anyone tell me if there's an ATM in Tigaki? Or one at the airport?

Thanks

Tenterden, United...
Level Contributor
2,436 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: atm machines

I don't know about the airport but there is an ATM in Tigaki, outside the Meni Beach Hotel. Being the only one it gets well used and is sometimes empty so you need to ensure you are not down to your last euro before you use it. There are plenty in Kos Town.

Ireland
Level Contributor
344 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: atm machines

Thanks marg001

7. Re: atm machines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, November 16, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Kos Town
Recent Conversations