We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amarnath Yatra 2013

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
291 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
Amarnath Yatra 2013

Hi all TripAdvisors,

I'm planning for amarnath yatra next year (2013 session) and as a first timer, will need any information you could provide. I'll be leaving alone, from delhi and all i know is i'll be running on a limited budget (may be around 15K) so can't afford to fly to srinagar.

Please pass any information you guys have!!

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
11 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Amarnath Yatra 2013

Hello Mr. Bani,

Congrats on the thought of going to Amarnath.

First things first; your health.. please ensure you are in good health since the air is pretty thin. Also do some exercises to increase stamina.

Permits are also important, you need to search the internet to find out the process. you may have some office in Delhi for that.

15K is a small budget, I suggest you to increase it a bit for a more comfortable journey, especially since Pony charges may be steep.

Reaching Srinagar by train (if Indian Railways decide to open that line.. tests have been successful) is the best way, else, you can reach Jammu by train. From there there are many day buses to Srinagar. Since you are travelling alone, you can use the J&K buses. All variety of buses are available.

For accomodation, try searching for some good package tours that will take care. Also avoid Pahalgam route and go vioa Baltal, will save 2 days, and its associated costs.

I suggest a Srinagar-Amarnath- Srinagar package with accomodation- even a budget one will do for a single tourist.

2. Re: Amarnath Yatra 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 1:05 am, February 05, 2013
Brampton, Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Amarnath Yatra 2013

I am planning for amarnath yatra in july of 2013 with my wife and I am coming from canada but this year shrineboard had banned online registration and a medical certificate is needed to obtain registration. Once I reach india in july I will get my medical certificate but what guarntee do I have that I will get registration slip for the proposed that. Is there a different procedure for yatris coming from overseas. please reply.

New Delhi, India
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Amarnath Yatra 2013

hy bani sharma aap amarnath yatra par jana chahte he yadi aap padal baltaal se jana chahe to aap hamre sath chal sakte he 12000 ka budget thikhe hum 8 july 2013 ko baba amarnath ke dashan karege humlog delhi se 6 july 2013 ko trainse jayege vijaykumar 09540183555

5. Re: Amarnath Yatra 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, February 23, 2014