We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus to dambulla

jonkoping
Level Contributor
29 posts
6 reviews
Bus to dambulla

We plan to go by train from Colombo to Habarana and then by bus from Habarana to Dambulla so I have the following questions:

1. Is it only the 06:05 train from Colombo which will stop in Habarana?

2. How often will the bus go from Habarana to Dambulla?

3. Is it a long way between the trainstation and the busstation in Habarana?

4. Is it possible to take the backpack on the bus?

5. If we will take a car or a threewheeler from Habarana to Dambulla what will it cost?

6. Any other proposal?

Goran

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
62,477 posts
226 reviews
1. Re: Bus to dambulla

Hi there,

1] According to my research (on a date next week), no daytime direct trains. It seems daytime Habarana is only served by local trains from Maho, so you'd need to transfer. Kerirawa, same region, however _is_ served by the 6:05 train from Fort.

2] Both from H and from K quite frequent. H is on Dambulla-P'ruwa and Dambulla-Trinco lines, and K is on Dambulla-Vavuniya-North line.

3] Probably less than 500 m walk, it's not a huge town. Google maps hopefully can help. In K I happen to know it, about 300 m walk.

4] Yes

5] About 20 km. Car Rs 1,500 and tuktuk Rs 800.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

jonkoping
Level Contributor
29 posts
6 reviews
2. Re: Bus to dambulla

I was searching for the station Kerirawa but I can not find this station. Did you mean Kekirawa which also is about 20 km from Dambulla, west of Habarana??

You are saying that Kerirawa is on the northen line but what I understand Kekirawa is on the eastern line?

It is good if you can help me to understand what to do. It is good if it is a direct train from Colombo so we do not need to change train.

Goran

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
62,477 posts
226 reviews
3. Re: Bus to dambulla

Yes sorry for the typo, it's KeKirawa. It's on eastern line too.

In 2] of course I was talking about _bus_ lines, not trains as the question was about buses...

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

jonkoping
Level Contributor
29 posts
6 reviews
4. Re: Bus to dambulla

Thanks!!!

Goran

5. Re: Bus to dambulla

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, June 07, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Habarana