We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train from St Pancras to Agde via Lille

London, United...
Level Contributor
531 posts
Save Topic
Train from St Pancras to Agde via Lille

Can anyone tell me if you can still get aTrain from St Pancras to Agde via Lille please.

London, UK
Level Contributor
7,040 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train from St Pancras to Agde via Lille

You would, at best have to change at Montpellier and there are not many trains there from Lille.

Chateaurenard...
Level Contributor
6,887 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train from St Pancras to Agde via Lille

First we need to know when this trip will be.

London, United...
Level Contributor
531 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Train from St Pancras to Agde via Lille

Many thanks to you Both for your speedy replies.Really much appreciated

RT65...are you saying then that the trains do not go straight through from Lille to Agde , that is to say does everyone have to change at Montpelier ?

tradeform...good point and I have not really yet made a final decision but will probably bethe last week in june ie about 27th or so, and probably coming back say about 8th or 9th July.

Thanks again to you both

Any help would be appreciated and via lille would really be better for us seeing as we are "getting on a bit" and lugging cases across Paris would be a tad difficult although if push come to shove we could consider going via Paris I suppose.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
50,226 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Train from St Pancras to Agde via Lille

The best website to search for train times is www.bahn.de but you won't be able to buy tickets there.

There are no direct trains between Lille and Agde. Apart from going via Paris, there are trains from Lille Europe with a change at either Nimes or Montpellier to reach Agde.

Eurostar offers through bookings to London to Agde on its website www.eurostar.com

Booking on one ticket will make life a lot easier especially in the event of any delay to your journey.

London, United...
Level Contributor
531 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Train from St Pancras to Agde via Lille

THankyou cubsur.

I'm not quite sure of your meaning about " one ticket". Can you widen that out a bit please.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
88,220 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Train from St Pancras to Agde via Lille

If you book the whole journey with Eurostar, you will be travelling on one ticket. If the Eurostar is delayed, you will be transferred onto a later train from Lille.

If you book London-Lille with Eurostar and then Lille-Adge with SNCF, you will be travelling on 2 tickets and there would be no automatic transfer if the Eurostar were delayed.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,798 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Train from St Pancras to Agde via Lille

I'd actually suggest changing at Nimes rather than Montpellier if the journey allows it. It's a smaller station with fewer platforms and it is quite likely that both the TGV and the local train to Agde will use the same platform (they are island style with two platform faces on the one lump of concrete.)

This might make life easier if luggage and stairs are an issue.

You'll get two separate tickets for the two journey sections.

London, United...
Level Contributor
531 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Train from St Pancras to Agde via Lille

Many thanks for that . Once again I appreciate very much the advice given and will take heed of all of it.

Thanks again.

Montpellier, France
Destination Expert
for Languedoc-Roussillon, Montpellier
Level Contributor
2,142 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Train from St Pancras to Agde via Lille

Montpellier station is still in the middle of renovation, so another reason to change at Nimes.

London, United...
Level Contributor
531 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Train from St Pancras to Agde via Lille

Thanks to mpprh . That is a valid point and understood, I'll bear that in mind,