We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

one month stay in Agde France

Brisbane, Australia
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
one month stay in Agde France

We are planning to stay in Agde for about 3 weeks from mid October to mid November this year. My husband and I would like a comfortable but not expensive one or two bedroom apartment near the beach, shopping and the train station. Would appreciate any recommendations. Many thanks

Mentioned in this post
Agde
Agde
Herault, France
Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
53,149 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: one month stay in Agde France

Agde itself is nearly 5km from the nearest coast, so perhaps take a good look at a map first and check locations. At the time of the year I would imagine the beach areas would be pretty well deserted.

Mentioned in this post
Agde
Agde
Herault, France
Cap d'Agde , South...
Level Contributor
345 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: one month stay in Agde France

cubsur is quite correct . The coastal area , Cap d’Agde , is very quiet after 30 August ( textile ) and 15 September ( nude ) . Unless you have a car and the intention to explore , this area at that time may not be a good choice .

Mp

Mentioned in this post
Agde
Agde
Herault, France
Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: one month stay in Agde France

I have a house virtually on the beach in Le Grau D Agde & spend many weeks there at that time of year, it`s the best time!! bulk of visitors gone but still life, we were sunbathing in October last year, ther are lots to see & do in this area it`s a fabulous place

Mentioned in this post
Agde
Agde
Herault, France
Brighton, United...
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: one month stay in Agde France

We have just returned from a one week stay in Agde town and quite honestly thought it grim. A trip around the town centre on Google Earth will give you a good idea how scruffy it is.Can't really think of one redeeming feature except that the station isn't far.

Most of the time we spent at Cap D'Agde where the beaches, bars and restaurants were all excellent.

My advice would be if the beach is the priority then choose something near Rochlongue or Richelieu plage. Fabulous beaches and close enough to walk to the port.

If proximity to a station is important then find another town.

Mentioned in this post
Agde
Agde
Herault, France
Cap-d'Agde
Cap-d'Agde
Agde, France
Fuerteventura
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Paros, Sifnos
Level Contributor
4,195 posts
990 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: one month stay in Agde France

Though I think that cgthe........'s view of Agde is quite extreme - it is after all superbly located on the banks of the Herault river, with some good floating restaurants. It also has the Canal du Midi running through it. The old town is atmospheric and there is a very fine church. The beach at La Tamassiere is about two kilometres down the Herault riverside walkway.

I am not sure that I would want to stay there for a month though in October/November. A better alternative would be Marseillan, a more attractive town on the banks of the Etang de Thau. Marseillan Plage is an hour's walk or 10 minutes by bike from there.

Mentioned in this post
Agde
Agde
Herault, France
Herault
Herault
Occitanie, France
Canal du Midi
Canal du Midi
843 Reviews
Occitanie, France
Marseillan Plage
Marseillan Plage
Marseillan, France
Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: one month stay in Agde France

Agde is the second oldest city in France it is of Grecian origin, sits on the river Herault, is of bassalt construction, has narrow cobbled streets, & a delightful unspoilt charm. A couple of days there will get you to see almost all of it, however the surrounding area has lots to see & do. The Cap D ` Agde is a complete contrast a lively modern resort bustling with `trendy` life, & it`s beaches are some of the best you will find anywheare.

Make no mistake this is a very nice part of the world.

Mentioned in this post
Agde
Agde
Herault, France
France
France
Europe
Herault
Herault
Occitanie, France
7. Re: one month stay in Agde France

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:15 am, August 23, 2013