We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

please check my 1 day itinery

Which Macau hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
please check my 1 day itinery

hi all, i am planning to visit Macau on Sunday (19 May). This is how i'm planning to spend my time, please give me some suggestions / extra things to include.

9.30AM Arrive at China Ferry Terminal at Tsim Sha Tsui

12 noon reach Macau Outer Harbour Ferry Terminal

Senado Square: board Grand Lisboa Shuttle

lunch at Wong Chi Kei

visit: St. Paul's Ruins > Flora Garden > Guia Hill Cable Car > Guia Fortress, Lighthouse > Lou Lim Ioec Garden > Macau Tea Culture House > Sun Yat Sen Memorial House > Macao Museum

4.00 PM Margaret’s Café e Nata

cab to Macau Tower

6.00 PM cab to Outer Harbour Ferry Terminal

8.00 PM Tsim Sha Tsui Lights show

any help is appreciated!

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Macau
Level Contributor
7,747 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: please check my 1 day itinery

Hi - I could already guess you are from Singapore by the title of your thread ;-)

First, on any day of the week this would be a frantically busy day, with a lot of it just stuck in a ferry or immigration queues, and it will be much, much worse on a Sunday. It is hardly an exaggeration to say that the number of people in Macau doubles at this time as so many coach loads and ferry loads of visitors arrive from China mainland (and a few tens of thousands from HK). IN such a small place this means EVERYWHERE is crowded, traffic-jammed, and even more inefficient than normal. Getting a cab is a nightmare, there can be literally hundreds of people queueing for your shuttle bus, and it is literally often quicker to walk (but not pleasant in the heat and humidity).

If you can only go on a Sunday, then it will be easier to use the public buses: you might have to stand in the crowd, but the fare is only MOP/HKD3.20 anywhere on Macau peninsula, it can move through gridlock at the same speed as taxis, but at least you will be in air-con, and not have the meter ticking over during "stop" time.

Expect massive queues at both Wong Chi Kei and Margaret's (and every other famous eatery).

So ... for a glimpse of Macau on a Sunday, I would buy ferry ticket in advance for the first ferry of the day (7:30am, I think) from TST.

Catch any bus going to Senado Square - the bus stop at the ferry terminal is clearly signed - but alight at the previous stop (Av. Infante Henrique) and go directly to Margaret's for your egg tarts (maybe even a picnic lunch!). From there, walk to Senado Square and explore this area, including Museum of Macau (directly opposite St Paul's ruins). I don't know if WCK gives tickets, or just first come first served, but if the former, also get your lunch ticket NOW.

If you still have time after lunch, catch #6 bus going towards the hospital from the stop closest to Senado Square, and alight at the stop after the hospital. You can walk up from there to Guia fort (the bus going up the south side of the hill reaches nearly the same elevation as the cable car going up the west side - that's how short the cable car ride is). You can either walk down the steps or catch cable car down, and then walk to Sun Yat Sen house museum (IME, not very much to see here, mainly photos & documents) and/or directly to Lou Lim Ieoc garden.

IF the weather is clear (it's no use otherwise), walk back one block to Av. Horta e Costa, and catch the #32 bus to Macau Tower. I don't know if it's possible to buy elevator tickets online, but if not, expect more long queues!

From there, the #32 will also take you back to the ferry terminal, but I expect you would already be too late to catch a ferry to return to HK in time for the light show.

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
15,946 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: please check my 1 day itinery

>> visit: St. Paul's Ruins > Flora Garden > Guia Hill Cable Car > Guia Fortress, Lighthouse > Lou Lim Ioec Garden > Macau Tea Culture House > Sun Yat Sen Memorial House > Macao Museum <<

I think this time table is very unrealistic, even if this is not a Sunday. Noon arriving the ferry terminal. To take transportation to Senado Square, and have a lunch, and then cover the above sites. You simply do not have enough time to visit them all, let alone spending much time at each of these sites, all done within 4 hours.

I concur with oisaan that you wouldn't be able to be back in Hong Kong Tsim Sha Tsui to watch the light show at 8pm. More likely you will be back to your hotel around midnight.

Singapore
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: please check my 1 day itinery

ok, thanks so much for your suggestions. will definitely cut out some places to visit then. thanks again!

4. Re: please check my 1 day itinery

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, May 19, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Macau