We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary for One Day Trip

Which Macau hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Xin
11 posts
Save Topic
Itinerary for One Day Trip

On my trip to Hong Kong this month, my friend and I would like a day trip to Macau. We plan to take a morning ferry from Kowloon ferry terminal to Macau. I read there are a few ferry operators there. What are the differences? Which ferry service can we take from the Kowloon terminal? Do all the ferry services bring us to the same ferry terminal in Macau?

What are the must see and must eat in Macau (considering our time constraint)?

Would anyone be kind enough to suggest an ideal itinerary for us, starting from the Macau ferry terminal. What are the public bus services to get around to the places?

Xin
11 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Itinerary for One Day Trip

Hi, how to get to the Taipa Village from Venetian?

Read the reviews that there are a lot of good foods at the Taipa Village, so it may be good to have lunch there.

Where in Taipa (any landmark building for easy location) can we find good pork chop buns and other local foods.

Can we use HKD (coins) for our bus rides?

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Macau
Level Contributor
7,747 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Itinerary for One Day Trip

Taipa is just a short taxi ride from the Venetian (MOP20), or you can walk it in less than half an hour if you are willing to brave the construction vehicles, dust, and lack of footpaths.

For really local food, there's an open air cha-chang teng opposite the Sino-Portuguese School and temple. Their pork chop buns are fine by me, but some people think they taste better if you pay three times as much at one of the trendier places further down the road. If you want to try Macanese sweets (desserts), the shop underneath Dumbo's restaurant is a must. Dumbo's is also a good restaurant - better with a large party. There are lots of "Macau candy" shops along Rua de Cunha.

Using HK$ on buses is no problem.

Xin
11 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Itinerary for One Day Trip

Hi oisaan, thank you so much. With all your useful tips, it helps a lot in planning the itinerary.

14. Re: Itinerary for One Day Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:20 pm, October 05, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Macau