We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get to Hong Kong from Macau

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
How to get to Hong Kong from Macau

Hi, I'm planning to stay at Macau Hard Rock Hotel. Would like to check if I take turbojet from HKIA to Macau, are there any free shuttlebus at the ferry terminal to the hotel?

From Macau Hard Rock Hotel, which ferry would be the closest to take if I'm going back to Hong Kong?

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Holiday Travel, Food and Travel, Macau
Level Contributor
27,621 posts
5,730 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to get to Hong Kong from Macau

Hello Belgalen

Welcome to the Macau forum here on Tripadvisor.

See Top Questions (FAQ) - HK to Macau transport and HKIA SkyPier to Macau on the right hand side of this page for helpful information on this commonly asked question.

Specifically in regard to your questions....

>>>Would like to check if I take turbojet from HKIA to Macau, are there any free shuttle bus at the ferry terminal to the hotel?<<<

Yes, you can take the City of Dreams (COD) shuttle bus service from either ferry terminal in Macau. City of Dreams is the complex where the Hard Rock Hotel and Cafe are located.

>>>>From Macau Hard Rock Hotel, which ferry would be the closest to take if I'm going back to Hong Kong?<<<<<

The Taipa temporary ferry terminal is closer to the Hard Rock Hotel but the better ferry terminal is the Outer Harbour Ferry Terminal on the Macau Peninsula, particularly during the summer months. From here ferry service is every 15 minutes from HK and you can wait outside where its not hot.

Hope this is useful.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to get to Hong Kong from Macau

Tks!

4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: How to get to Hong Kong from Macau

Hi, i try to find FAQ in this page with my s4 but i didn't find it. So, can i ask you 2 questions:

1. which one is better, going to macau from tsim sha tsui or from sheung wan??

2. What ferry can i use to go to macau except turbojet??

if you are comfortable to answer my question in my email i'll be more thankfull. My email is faraditadm@gmail.com. thank you :)

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
27,621 posts
5,730 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How to get to Hong Kong from Macau

Faradita D,

All your questions have been answered on your other post.

tripadvisor.com/…52158595

Macau, China
Level Contributor
20 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How to get to Hong Kong from Macau

HKIA -> Macau Ferry schedule

1015/1200/1400/1515/1700/1950/2200

Price 233 for adult

There are free shuttle bus from Ferry terminal to Hard Rock Hotel

From Hard Rock Hotel you can take free shuttle bus back to Ferry Terminal (just take澳門外港客運碼頭)

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
105 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How to get to Hong Kong from Macau

Beware of taxi drivers in Macau over-charging fares. There's been a growing number of taxi drivers pre-charging at lease 100MOP, not charging by the meter. Especially in the evening at airport and ferries when shuttle buses are limited. Please don't give-in to these drivers to prevent these opportunists.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
7,969 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How to get to Hong Kong from Macau

OuijaAble, do you have a reference for this? It's not something I've heard of before, at least not from registered taxis. Of course, if a traveller uses one of the touts that infest arrival halls after most of the security police go off duty, then that's your problem.

There will always be enough registered taxis waiting at the ranks just outside the arrivals halls, whether at airport, land border or ferry port. USE THEM. And make sure you have enough small change in MPO, HKD or RMB to pay your fare: it is unfair to cabbies to expect them to accept other currencies or make change for big bills like HKD500.

Edited: 12:05 am, August 19, 2013
Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
27,621 posts
5,730 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How to get to Hong Kong from Macau

Hello OuijaAble,

This is a rather important problem if it is indeed the case. Can you please share more?

Did you experience this yourself or is this something you read somewhere? Either way, if you could tell us more details this would great assist in our advising future TA members that visit and use this forum.

Related, there were reported cases of taxis being caught overcharging last week during our Typhoon. However, like Oisaan, I'm unaware of problems of our registered taxis over-charging visitors arriving late in Macau

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
105 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How to get to Hong Kong from Macau

Just Last Wednesday, I arrived at the airport at 10pm. I walked to the public taxi queue next to the shuttle bus area. A few taxis parked and drivers were standing outside of their cars asking everyone where they were going. Then they say we have to pay at lease 100$ in advance. Most people refused and choose to wait for the shuttles. But the shuttle buses were few. And some tourists did take the taxi, despite the charges. I wanted to take photos of them, but I was quite dark.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
7,969 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How to get to Hong Kong from Macau

OK, thanks for the extra information.

Last Wednesday was when a major typhoon passed Macau. I don't know what time the T8 signal was lowered in Macau, but if it was still up, then the cabbies' insurance was invalidated, so the flat fare was to cover their taking this risk.

If the T8 had already been lowered, then these drivers were out of order, and if the driver at the head of the rank was insisting on $100 up front (what currency?), the correct procedure would be to note down the registration plate of the cab and call 119 (Public Security Police) to report the abuse.

Thankyou again for sharing, and giving the opportunity for other travellers to receive the benefit of your own unpleasant experience.