We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Metropole, Sintra, or Regency in Taipa?

Which Macau hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
1,173 posts
Save Topic
Metropole, Sintra, or Regency in Taipa?

Need help on which hotel to get.. I've listed these 3 hotels since the prices are close to each other, and seems facilities are the same? Hope you can help me decide, here are the mJor considerations:

- I will arrive Macau from Macau ferry terminal around 9pm, do they all have free shuttles I can avail?

- I will go to Senado and Ruins first thing the following day, then check out, leave our luggages, and off to probably Fisherman's wharf or Macau tower

- go back to hotel, get the luggages, and go to Venetian while waiting for our late evening flight

Given these itinerary, which hotel will best fit us?

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
31,302 posts
322 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Metropole, Sintra, or Regency in Taipa?

Given your itienerary is mainly based in Macau Peninsula ("Centro") you would be best to choose a centrally located hotel. I am surprised that the Metropole & Sintra are the same price as IMO Sintra is a higher class of hotel. I have stayed at Metropole because my budget is low but my friends prefer Sintra. AFAIK only the Sintra has a shuttle bus.

Note that there is nothing worth seeing at Fisherman's wharf.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Macau, Holiday Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
27,177 posts
5,424 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Metropole, Sintra, or Regency in Taipa?

We have had a nice stay at Hotel Sintra and would gladly return. It is not fancy, just a nice functional hotel that will provide a good night sleep. They do have left luggage service and you are literally 4-5 minutes walk to Senado Square in the heart of the Historic City Center. See link if helpful.

tripadvisor.com/…REVIEWS

Second Zhuhai2007's thoughts about Fisherman's Wharf. There are many very interesting things to see and do in this area of Macau. FW is not one of them. See link for popular attractions and some walking suggestions for the World Heritage area if useful.

Macau – Top Attractions (by area)

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i26979-Macau_To…

Macau World Heritage (by area)

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i33082-Macau_Wo…

Hope this is useful and that you enjoy Macau.

Level Contributor
1,173 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Metropole, Sintra, or Regency in Taipa?

Thanks so much for the help! Would just probably get Sintra. Surprisingly, Metropole rates are higher than Sintra if you check online booking sites. Noted on the FW, we'll no longer go there =D

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
15,951 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Metropole, Sintra, or Regency in Taipa?

It is a good choice to pick Sintra.

5. Re: Metropole, Sintra, or Regency in Taipa?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, July 03, 2014