We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry from airport to Macau - how much time to allow?

Which Macau hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
Level Contributor
14 posts
77 reviews
Save Topic
Ferry from airport to Macau - how much time to allow?

Hi,

I've searched and read through the forum posts on the process to transfer from flight at the airport to ferry to reach Macau.

However, I couldn't find any info on how much time is required for this transfer process.

I'm arriving in HK at 6:50pm, and I see that there is a Turbojet ferry leaving at 7:50pm. Is this sufficient time?

What about luggage transfer? Should I plan to hand carry onboard the flight or checking in the luggage is still ok given the 1 hour different between the flight arrival and the ferry departure?

Thanks.

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
30,938 posts
307 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferry from airport to Macau - how much time to allow?

The procedure is very clear -if you have checked luggage you require a MINIMUM of 1 hour between check-in/buying your ticket and the ferry departure so it is unlikely you would make the 7:50pm ferry as it can take at least 10-15 min to deplane and walk to the ticket counter!!

If it is important to you to catch this ferry and you don't have much luggage, consider not checking any luggage.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Macau, Holiday Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
27,071 posts
5,331 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferry from airport to Macau - how much time to allow?

Here is the link to the HKIA SkyPier information on check-in time required for those check-in luggage (60 min) and those without (30 min). See third bullet point on the following page.

hongkongairport.com/eng/transport/transport-…

>>>>>>What about luggage transfer? Should I plan to hand carry onboard the flight or checking in the luggage is still ok given the 1 hour different between the flight arrival and the ferry departure?<<<<<<

Pack light, carry on and you'll get to Macau quicker. ;-)

Have a great trip and safe travels.

Singapore
Level Contributor
14 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ferry from airport to Macau - how much time to allow?

Thank you all. Looks like I'll just have to carry my luggage onboard the flight and not check it in.

4. Re: Ferry from airport to Macau - how much time to allow?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, April 05, 2014