We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help Needed! Zhuhai to Macau Day Trip!

Which Macau hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
12 posts
Save Topic
Help Needed! Zhuhai to Macau Day Trip!

Hi all

I need your help for my day trip to Macau, traveling next month with total 5pax on a weekday ( I supposed will be better ) , I plan to cross the border fm zhuhai. What will be the ideal time to start off from Zhuhai to fully utilize my day trip to Macau then back to Zhuhai?

• Senado Square + St Paul Ruins

• Venetian Hotel – Window Shopping

• Return to Zhuhai

Is my itinerary too short? Can someone advise me if there is more places I should add on?

I also need some help for the below questions:

1. Which is the best way to reach Senado Square once I cross the border? By taxi, free shuttle bus ( from where ) or is possible by foot?

2. After Senado Square + St Paul Ruins, which is the best way to reach Venetian? Is it far by taxi, free shuttle bus ( from where ) or is possible by foot?

Will appreciate if some one can advise me.

Thank You.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Macau, Holiday Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
27,343 posts
5,578 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help Needed! Zhuhai to Macau Day Trip!

Rayel_c

>>>>1. Which is the best way to reach Senado Square once I cross the border? By taxi, free shuttle bus ( from where ) or is possible by foot?<<<<

I might suggest taking the free shuttle service to Hotel Sintra and just walking to Senado Square (6-7 minutes) from there.

>>>>2. After Senado Square + St Paul Ruins, which is the best way to reach Venetian? Is it far by taxi, free shuttle bus ( from where ) or is possible by foot?<<<<

Taxi is the quickest means. Should be around (MOP80 ) if I remember correctly. Again, you can return to Hotel Sintra, there is a free shuttle bus between here and City of Dreams (COD) which is just across the street from the Venetian. This would be the cheapest way to go but would take longer.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Macau, Holiday Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
27,343 posts
5,578 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help Needed! Zhuhai to Macau Day Trip!

If useful, here are some must see/do attractions that you might want to consider for Macau.

Macau – Top Attractions

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i26979-Macau_To…

Macau World Heritage

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i33082-Macau_Wo…

Macau – Top Museums

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i32918-Macau_To…

Have a great visit.

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
32,054 posts
330 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help Needed! Zhuhai to Macau Day Trip!

Remember that Gongbei is one of the busiest border crossings in the World. I strongly recommend using the Wanzai ferry instead of Gongbei. The first ferry in the morning is 8:30, then at 30 minute intervals until 11:30 am. From Yuet Tung Pier you can walk to Senado Square in under 15 minutes, or take any bus heading north for 2 stops.

I usually fit in a bit more than this. From the main bus interchange opposite the Lisboa you can take a bus to Taipa Village, which is fun around lunchtime. Then it is an easy 10-15 walk, partly on covered "travelators" to the Venetian.

From the Venetian you can take a shuttle bus to Portas de Cerco.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Macau
Level Contributor
7,822 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help Needed! Zhuhai to Macau Day Trip!

I second the suggestion to use the Wanzai ferry crossing rather than the Gongbei one - although it is a taxi ride rather than walking distance (assuming you are staying in Gongbei), it will still save time as immigration is so much less crowded - and, as noted, you arrive in easy walking distance of Macau's historic centre.

5. Re: Help Needed! Zhuhai to Macau Day Trip!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, December 22, 2013