We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry Cost (HK-Macau)

Which Macau hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Philippines
Level Contributor
20 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Ferry Cost (HK-Macau)

How much does it cost to get from HK to Macau return?

Do I need to book in advance?

Thank you so much!! :)

Bali, Indonesia
Level Contributor
1,076 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Ferry Cost (HK-Macau)

My parents is going from Macau to HK, do all the ferry companies applied the check in luggage policy? Do they use the standard size for air plane cabin luggage as hand luggage in the ferry as well or do they have other standard?

Thanks a lot,

Sandra

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Macau
Level Contributor
7,783 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Ferry Cost (HK-Macau)

All the ferry companies basically allow you to carry on whatever luggage you are capable of handling, although if the sailing is by one of the older, smaller jetfoils operated by Turbojet (but most of their boats are the same larger, newer ones as used by the other companies) staff occasionally insist that larger pieces are checked in.

Bali, Indonesia
Level Contributor
1,076 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Ferry Cost (HK-Macau)

Hi oisaan,

Any recommendation for the best company regarding luggage? My parents have an empty suitcase as they'll do the shopping in HK and BKK after Macau, so it shouldn't be heavy, just slightly bigger than the cabin size.

Thanks,

Sandra

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Macau
Level Contributor
7,783 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Ferry Cost (HK-Macau)

As i said, there's really not much difference; even if you have 2 x 32kg bags and you are capable of carrying them by yourself, the ferry companies are quite happy that you do so except if you are travelling on one of the smaller jetfoils at a high demand time like Friday evening or weekends. The main concern in choosing a ferry company is which is most convenient to where you are coming from and where in Macau you are going to first.

Singapore
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
15. Re: Ferry Cost (HK-Macau)

Thank you for all inputs. We took turbojet on Saturday noon to HK everything was ok. I bought the ticket from a travel agent at the lobby at the port terminal because afraid it may be long queue at the counter since fare is the same (i forgot about visa promotion though..). short queue at the imigration. The ride was good, about 40 minutes to reach HK.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Ferry Cost (HK-Macau)

We will be in Macau on 2nd week of Jan 2010. We plan to take First ferry from Macau to HK at 9.30am on Sat morning. Will it be crowded at this time or should we leave earlier @ 8.30am. Should we book ticket in advance? We are staying in Macau Royal Hotel. Any idea do this hotel provides shuttle to the ferry terminal. How far is this hotel from the Ferry terminal.

philippines
3 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: Ferry Cost (HK-Macau)

can i get ferry to macau from hongkong airport ?

hong kong
Level Contributor
8,880 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Ferry Cost (HK-Macau)

mie07

see here turbojetseaexpress.com.hk/eng/…airport.html

get ferry before passing through HK immigration.

philippines
3 posts
Save Reply
19. Re: Ferry Cost (HK-Macau)

so i dont need to get through hongkong immigration?

hong kong
Level Contributor
8,880 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Ferry Cost (HK-Macau)

mie07

No, you don't need to pass through HK immigration if you directly go to Macau.

See hongkongairport.com/eng/transport/transport-…

Also a pdf file here: www.hongkongairport.com/leaflet/skypier.pdf