We need to stay in Macau this Sunday night before flying on Monday morning.
I have not made a reservation yet, hoping prices may come down a little, but they seem to have increased!
I have looked at many reviews of different Macau hotels, and many of the posters mention paying really cheap rates, but I cannot find anything approaching the rates mentioned. Unfortunately, no one says how they got those rates (except thru pokerstars, I looked at the site, but could see nothing about accommodation - only poker, which is not my thing)
1. Are there really great rates to be had at the ferry terminal?
2. Could I get a good rate booking thru an agent in HK when I am there first?
3. Where online offers the best rates. Are those sites written in Mandarin/Cantonese?
4. Can someone recommend a hotel which is offering a great rate at the moment?
5. What course of action would you recommend?
Would prefer 4 star, will do 3, but not 2.
Our currency (A$) has taken a battering of late and does not go as far as it used to, which is why I need to find the best rate - everything is now expensive for us! Strangely, HK accom was fairly easy, its Macau thats the problem!
Its for mum, dad and 12 year old (who could be 11 if really necessary...)
I have checked pretty much every site I could find thru searching, inc expedia, wotif, asiarooms, rates to go, late rooms, asiatravel, hotels.com etc etc