We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Directions to Margaret's Egg Tarts from Sintra

Which Macau hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
Level Contributor
157 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Directions to Margaret's Egg Tarts from Sintra

Hi,

Can anyone advise us how to walk from SIntra to margaret's cafe? the one that does famed egg tarts.

Thank you.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Macau
Level Contributor
7,785 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Directions to Margaret's Egg Tarts from Sintra

Very easy :-)

Come out of the hotel onto Av. Dom Joao IV, and turn left. Cross the main road (Av. Infante D. Henrique, extension of San Ma Lo), and keep walking just a few metres until you reach an alleyway running off to the left. Turn in here, and Margaret's is less than 50 metres along, on the corner of the second laneway on the right.

KL
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Directions to Margaret's Egg Tarts from Sintra

How about getting to Margaret's Egg Tarts from Emperor Hotel? Heard that there is a famous pig pork burger which is only open in the afternoon? Where is it?

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Macau
Level Contributor
7,785 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Directions to Margaret's Egg Tarts from Sintra

Hi Kamiya, suggest that you first check out the interactive Macau map in the eZone at cn.macautourism.gov.mo . When you arrive in Macau you can collect one of the free city maps from the tourist information posts at the airport or ferry pier.

Find the corner of Av. da D. Infante Henrique and Av. de Dom Joao IV (close to the Lisboas). Coming from the Lisboas, cross Dom Joao and turn right into it. Just a few doors down there is a brick-paved laneway running off to the left (there used to be a Margaret's sign above it, but I don't know if that is still there). Walk up the laneway, past another lane running off to the right, then on the next intersection is Margaret's - it has outdoor seating extending into the laneway, so is easy to find.

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
31,661 posts
322 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Directions to Margaret's Egg Tarts from Sintra

There is still a sign but from memory I don't think it says "Margaret's". I think it just says "Cafe e Natte"

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Macau
Level Contributor
7,785 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Directions to Margaret's Egg Tarts from Sintra

Sorry, forgot the question about the pork chop buns. The place that serves them only in the afternoons is Cafe Tai Lei Loi, in Taipa village. Many places serve pork chop buns of equal quality right through from breakfast time - I don't quite know how this one place became so famous. You could try one from Leitaria I Son, right on Senado Square, if you aren't planning to be in Taipa at the right time of day for the other.

6. Re: Directions to Margaret's Egg Tarts from Sintra

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, December 06, 2009