We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marina hotel & Apts

Which Puerto de Mogan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
356 posts
Save Topic
Marina hotel & Apts

Hi just wondering has anybody stayed at these apts / hotel with kids during July / Aug. We are in our 40 s with a boy of 11 & a girl 9. We are thinking of booking here. Kids can swim & love the beach,but would like to meet other kids on hols. Will there be any kids at this hotel or just couples.Its either here or the cordial Valle apts or cordial playa hotel.

Please advise.

uk
Level Contributor
242 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marina hotel & Apts

I don't know anything about the Marina but I stayed at the Mogan Valle last year and the Mogan playa this year. Both places are lovely.The Valle is more relaxed I think and the great thing is the massive balcony with sunbeds,the space is just great.The Mogan Playa is also lovely but not as much space on the balcony. If I had kids I would choose the Valle,though the food is slightly nicer at the Playa.Both are great and Puerto Mogan is wonderful.

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
356 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Marina hotel & Apts

I was thinking the Valle ,mainly because of the balconies . If booking a 2 bedroom apartment which level or RMS number should i ask to get ? I am reading the valle has 3 pools are they used for different things ,? where are they positioned. ? I would like an apts near a quiet pool( is there one ) if this is possible ( 2 bedroom) We are hoping to go early July. Do sunbeds get booked up early.? Also I am reading the Valle has no air con, will this be a problem in July?Last question we are going to have breakfast added on but should I book half board,we like the idea of eating in different restaurants, but as a family of 4 is eating out expensive in p.m will h/b be better value or roughly the same?

Sorry for so many questions. Thanks

uk
Level Contributor
242 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Marina hotel & Apts

I would ask for a room at the opposite end from the supermarket so you are not overlooking the supermarket,this would put you near the quiet pool.I don't know if there are 2 bedroomed apartments at that end but that is definitely the quieter end.

I really liked the relaxed atmosphere in the dining room at the Valle,the staff are really friendly. I would go for the half board option, you can always swop and have lunch instead of dinner if you want a change. Also ask for half board plus when you check in,then you pay 6 euros a night extra per person but you get house wine ,beer and soft drinks/water at your table with no limit so this will save you a lot,

The sunbeds are not a problem and if they ran out you can use the ones on your balcony. This gives you loads more freedom I think.

Yes 1 pool is for little children then there are 2 quiet pools.

Honestly you will love it.Feel free to ask any other questions glad to help.

If you find a good deal on the internet it is worth emailing the hotel as I think they will match it.Save money and book it independently, flights etc

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
356 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Marina hotel & Apts

Thanks for all the info, I am going to price it independently & compare with the package price.If we took an apt near the quiet pool, will we get any sea views? Also can you give me any room numbers or floors.? Can you tell me re. H/b plus. If we upgraded to the plus is this only for drinks while eating or can we take drinks out of restaurant when finished our meals? Are these drinks totally unlimited? Can we get unlimited drinks any where else in the complex or is it just in restaurant?

Thanks again.

uk
Level Contributor
242 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Marina hotel & Apts

You won't get sea views in the Valle , you are in a valley with the sea at the end of the valley.Maybe a very high floor and standing on tip toes. I'm sorry I don't know the room numbers as we were opposite the supermarket which is the other end but I always think higher floor are best, none of them are too high though,the resort is low rise and pretty.

The half board plus is just for the restaurant though I have seen people carry out their glass of wine,or they will keep the remainder in the bottle with your table number on it for the following evening its very good value.

No you can't get this deal elsewhere in the complex,as far as I know.

Hope this helps,independant booking will definitely be cheaper , my colleague saved about £400. We never use a package company anymore.

Harpenden, United...
Level Contributor
114 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Marina hotel & Apts

We were in room J541 and you could see the sea in the distance from the balcony. I am guessing that even higher rooms to the left of the supermarket looking out would give you a better sea view still

Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
356 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Marina hotel & Apts

Thanks all any other info appreciated.

8. Re: Marina hotel & Apts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 19, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Puerto de Mogan
More Puerto de Mogan Topics